Iscorama MASSIVE anamorphic lens

Kerrick Martin

I made a purchase on Ebay recently for an anamorphic lens. This is the one I purchased.

It's the exact same version as THIS lens: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ISCO-Anamorphic-Video-Attachment-III-IIIL-1-33x-Lens-3-Widescreen-w-CineSlide-/182674289586?hash=item2a883c73b2:g:Bb8AAOSw9N1VkDQo

I bought it for 1500$. I need to know a bit more about it. I can't find all that much info on it. The best I can tell, its the iscorama 1.33x MkII or III, and that it is a single focus anamorphic.

Its rear filter thread is 112mm in size, and the front size is MASSIVE. I got it so i can use it with my wider lenses. I can use my 35mm full frame lens without any vignetting, and am planning to make a housing for it so I can mount it on my rails.

Does anyone have some info on it?

@Tito Ferradans, I heard you mention this lens in one of your videos. Any info?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I wish I could be of more help, but I've seen the tide bring in several models of this projector display, all looking like a paint bucket. In terms of covering wider lenses with this bad boy, it seems that if you can't get it done with this, you're probably asking for too much (in which case the school of thought seems to be to just go spherical anyway, since you'd be losing most of the characteristics of anamorphics). As for mounting, I'm sure that if there's a will, there's a way, even if you have to ghetto-rig it until the inspiration for something more stable materializes. Best of luck--I'm particularly interested in the edge performance. And to hell with how silly it looks mounted to a prosumer cam--only the captured image matters!

4 hours ago, PepperJay said:

I wish I could be of more help, but I've seen the tide bring in several models of this projector display, all looking like a paint bucket. In terms of covering wider lenses with this bad boy, it seems that if you can't get it done with this, you're probably asking for too much (in which case the school of thought seems to be to just go spherical anyway, since you'd be losing most of the characteristics of anamorphics). As for mounting, I'm sure that if there's a will, there's a way, even if you have to ghetto-rig it until the inspiration for something more stable materializes. Best of luck--I'm particularly interested in the edge performance. And to hell with how silly it looks mounted to a prosumer cam--only the captured image matters!

I am 3d printing out sizer rings for it so i can mount it to my rails. cant wait to see how it performs, especially at the corners! The flares that I got with it from hand holding were the best I have ever seen.

I know that there are a few people on this forum who have bought/used these lenses, but as far as I know they are based on the 54 but are x1.33, which makes them good for a 16x9 sensor as you can desqueeze to 1:2.40. Obviously, the x1.33 won't give you prestine oval bokeh like a x2 anamorphic, but the out of focus areas will still look nicer than a spherical lens.

They are for projection, but obviously they can be used for filming too - should be single focus. They are big, like the 54, which puts most people off - get some rails, a lens support bracket & you'll be fine.

Nothing wrong with this lens & you've still got a great German anamorphic lens with top notch glass.