Monitor For My Canon 1DC

Ollywood88

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Soooo here’s my experience. I actually own the gratical but I don’t like using it with the 1DC. I bought a loop for the screen and it’s SO much better. You can have a rode mic on screen and the way you hold the camera along with holding the lens for focus. 

So I recommend the focus monitor, and the Zacuto Z Finder type of thing. I bought a cheap off brand one and it works well. 

Side note, I haven’t seen anyone really talk about this camera much recently. It was a forgotten camera really. Much like the Digital Bolex. Would you or anyone else on this forum like to see a thorough 1DC review/ tutorial? 

Thanks for the reply. 

Sounds like a good idea. You got a link to it. I have a Z Finder but be too small of the Focus. Sounds Ideal. 

Yeah could do, I have had it since July time, its a great camera. I mainly shoot the 4k, Must try the 1080p 60fps too. Shame its not in the super 35 mode. 

Thanks

I've got the Ninja Blade which is probably no where near as good as the Small HD but it gets the job done + like Dave Altizer, I have the Zacuto z-finder which I can always slap onto the LCD and if I really need sharp focus (although it hasn't been an issue yet).

@DaveAltizer I definitely would be interested in seeing a thorough 1DC review. Also as an aside I've been trying to find anyone that's been using the 1DC with a 5D MKIII raw cuz it's been a bit of a pain matching these two cameras so I'd love any advice or homemade LUTS from anyone, although I'm sure the 1DC/5D MKIII raw user pool is small so not really expecting much on that front.

7 hours ago, DaveAltizer said:

1dc 1080p 60 is not good. Super soft 

Thanks buddy, It it was a shame it was in the s35 mode. It is really bad post sharpened. I have the c500 for the 2k 60fps really. Nice to be compact sometimes. 

2 hours ago, Ty Harper said:

I've got the Ninja Blade which is probably no where near as good as the Small HD but it gets the job done + like Dave Altizer, I have the Zacuto z-finder which I can always slap onto the LCD and if I really need sharp focus (although it hasn't been an issue yet).

@DaveAltizer I definitely would be interested in seeing a thorough 1DC review. Also as an aside I've been trying to find anyone that's been using the 1DC with a 5D MKIII raw cuz it's been a bit of a pain matching these two cameras so I'd love any advice or homemade LUTS from anyone, although I'm sure the 1DC/5D MKIII raw user pool is small so not really expecting much on that front.

Thanks I will take a look. I have the Zacuto Viewfinder and handgrip. I think the Focus would be great, I have the blade with the C100 it was nice but the battery life sucked. 

@DaveAltizer Post workflow would be helpful, are you transcoding from 4K To pro res? Thanks

@Ollywood88 yes. I use edit ready 2.0 to transcode everything to ProRes LT. For fancy projects I do just standard 422. I edit on a base model MacBook Pro 13” so I usually start the transcode at night and wake up with it finished. 

@Ty Harper I used to shoot 5d3 raw but it’s been several years so I don’t think I can speak to it. You’d want to I guess go from BMD film to Canon Log LUT or something in resolve. That’s what I would try. Or just use film convert. I’ll make some extensive 1DC reviews for you guys. It’ll be fun.