Canon 1DC vs Canon 5D Mark IV

liltoua

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
11 hours ago, Ollywood88 said:

Its not too bad, it is just a little soft. great for dream like sequences but intercut with the 4k will look soft. 

Yeah any other dslr, I use the c500 as our A Cam for the 2k 60fps.

I see, what other B-cam options would you suggest?

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Dunjoye said:

New project I am working on 

Straight out of the Can. 

Gosh I still love the 1dc.  (4k pull out). This camera was ahead of its time.. Trst6.thumb.jpg.ae713d71e722648476064e6a7f4fbc1b.jpg

Trst.jpg

Yup. Still hasn't been beat. Literally...nothing else can beat the camera in 2017 from canon. 1DX II is a little bit of a downgrade...but Im considering selling my 1DC for one just for the dual pixel AF. 

13 minutes ago, DaveAltizer said:

Yup. Still hasn't been beat. Literally...nothing else can beat the camera in 2017 from canon. 1DX II is a little bit of a downgrade...but Im considering selling my 1DC for one just for the dual pixel AF. 

I hear ya on the dual pixel AF point. Pulling focus on this needed a bit more attention to detail. 

I think even at baked profiles, the 1dc still has a better roll off and mojo that the 1dx doesn't have.

It's magic. I have upgrading considered the 1dxmkii so many times. But its not the same when I shoot with it.

9 hours ago, Dunjoye said:

I hear ya on the dual pixel AF point. Pulling focus on this needed a bit more attention to detail. 

I think even at baked profiles, the 1dc still has a better roll off and mojo that the 1dx doesn't have.

It's magic. I have upgrading considered the 1dxmkii so many times. But its not the same when I shoot with it.

Ahhhh! You’re not making it easy for me! Lol.

Yeah figure so but actual confirmation is always good :-)

I've got a 1DC and a 5D MKIII and although I know many have written the MK IV off I''m really leaning towards just picking one up once the price gets in sub $2K/used range.

I know the cropped 4K sucks and all that but it's really the DPAF that I want. 

On 12/20/2017 at 1:22 PM, DaveAltizer said:

I can confirm that 5d iv 4k is almost identical to the 1dx ii and 1dc 4k. Just have that heavy crop

I would easily believe the 5d iv 4k is almost identical to the 1dx ii 4k, but as good a the 1DC 4k, hmm. I am sure they are not miles apart but I don't really think Anything is as good as a 1DC output wise.

On 18/12/2017 at 11:51 PM, Ollywood88 said:

Guys, Love this 

@dunjoye 

I shot this with The Canon C500 IN 1080p and the Canon 1DC. It is such a special camera.

I was also looking at selling for the 4k 60p auto focus of the Canon 1DX 2. If the 1DX 2 just had that lovely super 35mm mode I would be gone. 

Still love my 1DC. 

C500 &The 1dc work hand in hand so well.  For 2k 60p and 4k the c500 is worth  checking out. I have seen them going for £3k used.

2 hours ago, Dunjoye said:

C500 &The 1dc work hand in hand so well.  For 2k 60p and 4k the c500 is worth  checking out. I have seen them going for £3k used.

Agreed! But I honestly can't see myself ever shelling out that type of money for a camera that doesn't have DPAF (unless I'm mistaken the C500 doesn't have it right?).

I also can't see myself ever going back to that more traditional form factor (I used a C300 as a producer daily a couple years back and I'm assuming the C500 has a similar feel and heft).

I'm in the minority but so far I prefer the ability to build up a dslr around a cage system and strip it down when needed.

On 12/22/2017 at 7:36 PM, Ty Harper said:

Agreed! But I honestly can't see myself ever shelling out that type of money for a camera that doesn't have DPAF (unless I'm mistaken the C500 doesn't have it right?).

For a camera with 4K raw plus many more features, that price doesn't seem so bad. 

I'll admit on rare occasion I look at their prices and get tempted myself...