Help me choose a 12 bit 444 2K cam

redimp

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@webrunner5Well, as good as it gets under conditions with enough light, Don. Had to give your post the smiley for the preview image of the muscular youtubeer.:)

Under lowlight condition the internal 12bit 444 HD/2K of the C300II shows severe artefacts that make a GH4 seem like the codec champion of the universe. Cine 4K internal seems to be sweet under lowlight from my experience but always test yourself, as a famous DP once said about hundred years ago.

Anyway, original poster will not bother. But maybe some 12 bit 444 HD/2K lovers will care that a C300II will show problems, unless you record with an Odyssey 7Q. But then a much cheaper Sony F4 with extern al 10bit HD 444 or 422 would equal the exteral HD from the C300ii and smoke the internal variante.

6 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

Anyway, original poster will not bother.

probably not this thread having been started 5 years ago 🤣

that said, you can find C300 II's for under 3 grand now which I find is a pretty sweet bargain and that 12-bit 444 2K codec is a big plus to me personally. There just aren't many if any cameras that offer non RAW 12-bit 444 codecs.

I do hear you that the sensor is getting old and probably gets noisy quickly in lowlight but there's a reason C300 II's have been a long standard in docu & broadcast filming. It does great in daylight and controlled environments.

I'm a fan of picking up older flagship cams at rock bottom bargain prices and C300 mk2 is one of them!

It is a great image. Just be aware to test it before doing narrative under challenging conditions. Or record cine 4k or external. My little rule: Test it anyway before filming a valuable project. HD 444 internal turns into 5d2 mush in lowlight, looking just as bad. Cine 4k does much better, UHD 4k not so much.

• Administrators

@FHDcrewThink please about being more economical with posts, 3 separate posts one with an eBay link, then another one with an eBay photo and then yet another saying "crazy good deal" - it can all be put into a much smaller space within just one post. Thanks.

I am selling my own F5 at the moment in the UK. £2225

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125465850228?hash=item1d3658f174:g:rLgAAOSwqrli-sZL

I'd point people to that before some unknown seller.

9 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

@FHDcrewThink please about being more economical with posts, 3 separate posts one with an eBay link, then another one with an eBay photo and then yet another saying "crazy good deal" - it can all be put into a much smaller space within just one post. Thanks.

I am selling my own F5 at the moment in the UK. £2225

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125465850228?hash=item1d3658f174:g:rLgAAOSwqrli-sZL

I'd point people to that before some unknown seller.

Yeah my bad, I made the OG post and then noticed the link didn’t embed. Also forgot you are selling, my bad!  I don’t have a problem if you delete these posts, was just trying to point out the prices are nuts.