Hot pixels

ReinisK

Hey guys!

Since a lot on NX1 users like this forum, I wanted to ask if any of you have found a solution to fix hot/dead pixels?

I currently have some, but I can't find a way to get rid of them. Any ideas? Also I can't access the dev mode anymore. Can you? I'm running FW 1.41.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've tried the sensor cleaning, but it didn't work for me. 

Kisaha - the dead pixels are more visible at high isos or if the picture is dark (high iso and dark picture is the best). Almost any camera has some of them. My Canon 600d had one very anoying dead pixel, but there was an option to remap the pixel. I can't find this option in the NX1.

It can also be done when sending in the camera to service, but I doubt there is any service in my country, that has the software to do it.

@ReinisK I am using a lot of 1600 and a few 3200 ISO, never seen any. It is not true that "almost any camera have some of them", it depends of the camera, the maker, the sensor technology, the QC, the usage rate, over heating, etc I have seen on a 5DmkII and on a 60D we used to have and those cameras are gone. The dead pixels where so obvious that they were always there when we were shooting a video. So annoying. I tend to believe that older sensor technology wasn't ready for continuous video recording, as I have seen numerous of older Canon's suffer from that.

I do understand it can be a real issue, and I do worry for mine too. The good thing when you have many cameras -4 NX in my case- is that you can split the usage among them.  You should ask Samsung, they do service cameras in some parts of the world, definitely someone in a service center have the ability to remap pixels.

If you want to fix dead/hot pixels in your footage, you can do so in most NLEs.

First, make a duplicate track of your footage.  Then, make a mask that is transparent, except for the dead/hot pixels.  Attach that mask to the top video track, so that the hot/dead pixels are the only part top track that covers identical track below.  Then, Gaussian blur the footage in the top track (but not the attached mask), so that the values/color from the adjacent pixels seep into the masked hot/dead pixels.

Here is one example photo - 100, 200 and 600 scale - https://failiem.lv/u/syqkr7qr#_

It's not so obvious here, but if the background is very dark, it's very distracting.

I've used that method to remove it in post, and I do it sometimes, but if the project has a lot of effects, it really slows down my PC, or I have to export the sequence and then put it on top. And then there are Warp stabilizer problems, where the pixel starts to move and other problems, which are just a needless hassle to do daily.