Leaked: DJI's new super-35 sized X7 drone camera for Inspire 2 and possibly Osmo

Parker

No info yet of AF.... 50 2.8 on APS-C you need AF or FF....

I bet it will be quite expensive but is very cool to have an 24 mpx APS-C camera in such a compact form factor and integrated in a still portable drone.... Looking forward to the first tests

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, Eric Calabros said:

Maybe it didn't happen because nobody wants to use their mount. 

Thousands and thousands of MFT shooters would disagree with you that "nobody wants to use their mount".

3 hours ago, ntblowz said:

Guess DL is their own propriety lens mount

Their own mount?? WTF

I hope not! That would be madness.

5 hours ago, gethin said:

In order to make the Zenmuse X7 more compact and stable for aerial shooting, DJI integrated a DL lens mount which shortens the X7's focal distance to only 16.84mm The DL-Mount significantly cuts the size and weight of a camera while retaining cinema-grade image quality. 

I am not sure how a mount can retain "cinema-grade image quality", but cheers to them for having the shortest focal distance relative to the sensor size. 

While it is annoying to have one more mount, at least you can adapt almost any lens you want or use almost any speedbooster. 

http://briansmith.com/flange-focal-distance-guide/

P.S. E-mount is even more adaptable since it allows for a FF image circle, but my guess is that Sony doesn't want to share it as much. 

I think from the size of the gimbal motors and the size of the camera I doubt that it can hold a "heavy" lens in front, this is why they designed it to be as short as possible and lightweight as possible. I highly doubt at this point that you can us many non "native" lens on it.... but let see