Nikon D850 vs everything

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
16 hours ago, Matthew Capowski said:

The sensor isn't made by Sony.

I keep seeing this repeated, yet no actual proof. Source?

42 minutes ago, noone said:

It isn't using the same sensor as the Sony camera but I do think it is a Sony sensor made for Nikon.

Thom Hogan lays out a pretty convincing argument for that being the case, he's well plugged into Nikon-land. It has the Sony DR jump at ISO 400, similar to the bump Sony's see at 640, but with a base ISO lower than Sony's 100.  Until Chipworks does a teardown and analyzes the sensor, or another camera comes out with the same sensor, we won't know.

Chris

I believe the source of all the non-Sony speculation was the angry photographer guy on youtube that just sits in front of a mic and blabbers about cameras. I don't watch his stuff because he posts 5 or 6 videos every day with no content other than himself. I don't know how anyone can take him seriously. But he's been called out for false claims before and I'm sure it will happen again. He's also been called out for stealing other people's images and claiming them to be his own. That alone gets a permanent ignore from me. Though I did watch the "Shootout" with Jason Lanier and my suspicions were confirmed watching angry guy fumble with his camera like a 15-year-old trying to undo a bra for the first time - he's just a gear collector.

At least it puts that silly debate to rest.

Cheers

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 11:21 AM, IronFilm said:

What is the name of this YouTuber?

The call him the Angry Photographer. All gear, no skill. His instagram is laughably mediocre, bad snapshots with $10k in GFX gear. Proof positive its the person behind the lens. I hate to give him any publicity, but here's his drivel. He's now accusing the equally odd Jason Lanier of some pretty harsh things after he got dropped by Sony. The Youtube soap opera is nothing short of pathetic.

I have not watched his stuff for ages but that is one strange person.

I watched a dozen or so just now tyring to see if there were ANY that made sense to me (there are not).

He seems to get more anti Sony by the day (if that is even possible).

Has he acknowledged he was wrong about the sensor anywhere?

6 hours ago, Trek of Joy said:

He's now accusing the equally odd Jason Lanier of some pretty harsh things after he got dropped by Sony. The Youtube soap opera is nothing short of pathetic.

Oh! 
http://taipeigeek.blogspot.com/2018/05/jason-lanier-removed-as-sony-artisan.html
I didn't know he'd been dropped by Sony. 

Never been a fan of Jason Lanier, although I sometimes watched his videos, but I did admire his promotional efforts as at one point he did seem to be everywhere you turned to look. 

3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Oh! 
http://taipeigeek.blogspot.com/2018/05/jason-lanier-removed-as-sony-artisan.html
I didn't know he'd been dropped by Sony. 

Never been a fan of Jason Lanier, although I sometimes watched his videos, but I did admire his promotional efforts as at one point he did seem to be everywhere you turned to look. 

Check out the size of that chip on his shoulder. What is that 88 megapixel?

• Super Members

The angry fella does, to be fair, have good insights regarding Nikon lenses.

And magnets.

I always make a point of tuning to his fuming reactions after the married couple make one of their educational statement videos.

In my imagination, they are the yuppy couple who've moved in next door to him and he's got a backyard full washing machines and Triumph moterbikes in various states of disassembly and in theirs they've got a hot tub and a mid life crisis Harley Davidson.

They think he plays AC/DC as an act of aggression and he thinks they have their teeth whitened in an act of passive aggression.

• Super Members
25 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

I doubt it. Haven't seen any of his magnets videos but his physics knowledge from those I've seen appears to be downright appalling. 

I'll rephrase that as he knows more about magnets than I do so our respective knowledge levels about them are poles apart.

badumtish.jpg.35255117d86094fa4ea3018672b15bf2.jpg

I'm glad to hear it is a new mount, as I want Nikon to go with a shallow mount, but it will mean a big big BIG risk for Nikon! 

Then need to pull off their adapter to their Nikon F lenses to be absolutely flawless, and introduce very quickly a strong range of compelling new lenses.