GH5 2.0 firmware bugs

JazzBox

Dear all, 

I open this thread in order to try to list all the bugs of our beloved GH5 cameras and the workarounds to solve them.

I updated my GH5 and I saw that if I use the V-LogL with the V-Log View Assist, the LUT disappears if I press the playback button. The only way to let it reappear is to switch from the video mode to C1 or M and then to return to video mode.

The autofocus seems the same as in the older firmware.

Is it only my camera or do you have the same issue?

Thank you!

p.s.: the files in ALL-I are very heavy to playback on my 2013 iMac. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 01 ottobre 2017 at 5:21 AM, Emanuel said:

Simo, have you seen these?

Wow, that's amazing! I used "tracking" and AFC for autofocusing people that walk and "one zone" for switching between two subjects, I have to try that!

Thank you very much!

The LUT assistant still disappears, I hope Panasonic will adjust that :)

There is a bug in new firmware (maybe also in older fw). When you record on 256 gb sd cards, record stop when file get 103 gb dimension. With 150 mbps you record 2 hours so  is  not a big problem, but if you record with new 400 mbps codec, record stop after 34 minutes. If someone know how communicate to Panasonic this bug please do it. 

8 hours ago, William Fanelli said:

There is a bug in new firmware (maybe also in older fw). When you record on 256 gb sd cards, record stop when file get 103 gb dimension. With 150 mbps you record 2 hours so  is  not a big problem, but if you record with new 400 mbps codec, record stop after 34 minutes. If someone know how communicate to Panasonic this bug please do it. 

You have not stated what cards you have tried. 

Another issue. The H265 codec is quite prone to banding using V-Log... Not quite as bad as the 8 Bit codecs but not as good as the 10 bit All-I or GOP codecs either...

The banding isn't as bad in the original upload though...
Should have used HLG instead I guess. What I love though is that it's way less processed than the 4K modes, no visible sharpening, way more organic!

When you say stopped, do you mean, the camera stops recording, and you have to start it again?

I don't see this happening with mine under 2.0 firmware.

I shot outside the otherday, left it to record until the card filled up.
I used an Atomos Video PowerStation for batteries, was wanting to test these as well...

-rw-r--r-- 1 buggz None 103015799404 Oct 15 15:01 PANA7291.MP4
Duration: 1 h 10 min 59 s
-rw-r--r-- 1 buggz None 103013830430 Oct 15 16:12 PANA7292.MP4
Duration: 1 h 10 min 59 s
-rw-r--r-- 1 buggz None  45268160848 Oct 15 16:43 PANA7293.MP4
Duration: 31 min 11 s
2 hours 53 mins 9 s

Seems the file rolls over, but the camera did not stop recording, that is, until the card was full.
This was 6k anamorphic, not much movement outside that day, when you want the wind, etc, there is none.
This is an Adata V90 256GB I got from Amazon.

I would not even attempt to edit such a file size, you'd have to cut them using ffmpeg, or something else...

On 10/10/2017 at 11:35 AM, William Fanelli said:

We tried with 2 adata v90 256 gb, and also a Lexar 2000x. This one is not a v90, but it stop exactly at the same file size. All cards stop also when record at 150 mbps at the same file size, around 102 gb. 

Bug is still present also with new 2.1 fw. 

The Angelbird v90 128GB card works fine with ALL I 400mbps as does the Panny v90 128GB, but you should be aware that even if two cards work well individually, they must be IDENTICAL if you want to use one of them as backup. So even though both the Panny and Angelbird work fine, you cannot use them together if you intend to use one as backup. The Panasonic is available in Singapore at half the cost of BH Photo USA, less than $250 USD. I do not pity anyone in the future who complains about losing files if (a) they did not use v90 cards or (b) the 2 cards were not identical.

6 hours ago, jonpais said:

The Angelbird v90 128GB card works fine with ALL I 400mbps as does the Panny v90 128GB, but you should be aware that even if two cards work well individually, they must be IDENTICAL if you want to use one of them as backup. So even though both the Panny and Angelbird work fine, you cannot use them together if you intend to use one as backup. The Panasonic is available in Singapore at half the cost of BH Photo USA, less than $250 USD. I do not pity anyone in the future who complains about losing files if (a) they did not use v90 cards or (b) the 2 cards were not identical.

Hey Jon, where did you get your Panasonic cards from in Singapore?