Released! 4 Panasonic Firmwares; GH5, GH4, and two lenses

Orangenz

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Good report from slashcam.de

Here is dual pixel c200 report

https://www.slashcam.de/artikel/Praxistest/Canon-EOS-C200---Skintones--Cinema-RAW-Light--60p--Dual-Pixel-AF--Dual-Pixel-AF.html

and here gh5 yesterday

https://www.slashcam.de/artikel/Praxistest/Panasonic-GH5-Firmware-Update-2-0---erster-Test--ALL-I-vs-LongGOP--Autofocus-Tracking--HLG-u-a-.html

object tracking appears to be where the effort has gone and also note, people wearing hoods and hats might not be the best for fd :(, just use object track as recommended here, also, they are still not 100% confident, when it counts, in af period, even with dual pixel af and dedicated lens!

Ok, this is what I've been waiting for. From what footage I have seen the GH5 > EVA1 + C200. This camera rocks. Load of new firmware now imminent. I am quite excited to see what I can do with it. I just watched a few videos on YouTube of the new firmware... great DR, detail in the shadows is good. Also shadow noise seems a non-issue with this firmware. I am sure it will not be perfect in every way, but this is pretty good from what I can see. Even with YouTube compression, the footage still holds up. Nice work Panasonic!

This is a good day for the GH5 faithful and a good day for content creators as a whole. Win Win:grin:

14 hours ago, deezid said:

Already installed.
1080p60 All-I 200 Mbit 10 Bit will be my GoTo for slowmo from now on. The details and noise structure are insane considering it's only HD video. Especially after Nnedi3 upscaling. It basically looks like 4k. Am impressed.

Seems like sharpening at -5 is completely disabled? Still searching for sharpening halos... That would be amazing!

What would make you choose this over the 4k 60p?..does that extra 50mb and all intra make that much difference to the footage? I cant see myself using 1080p intra when i have the 4k 60p option....

I'm having one issue that I cannot figure out. The HDMI signal cuts out when I hit record with 6K anamorphic (all bitrates). I've tried it both on my Shogun Inferno and SmallHD 502. 4K anamorphic works fine while sending a signal.

Luckily they've implementing desqueeze in camera but I've always enjoyed using a bigger screen with the GH5.

34 minutes ago, lmackreath said:

What would make you choose this over the 4k 60p?..does that extra 50mb and all intra make that much difference to the footage? I cant see myself using 1080p intra when i have the 4k 60p option....

It’s important to point out that all thing being equal, a 4K file is 4x the size of a comparable 1080p file. So this file would be equivalent to 4K at 800 Mbps, assuming the same compression ratio.

1 hour ago, Cinegain said:

Ahhh... so, first you got to appoint a custom button to enable 'operation lock'... and only then can you activate operation lock for a couple of different other input methods like the DISP. btn.

Yes, 

From xRun:

Tinkered with this for a while, and here's what I found. It's a two-step procedure.
1: Go to C+wrench menu - "Operation" - "Operation Lock Setting", select what to lock when activated. "On" means it will lock.
2: Go to C+wrench menu - "Operation" - "Fn Button Set", select a button to assign as a lock toggle (on/off). 
When done, exit menus, and use the selected Fn-button to toggle the lock. This works for me.

4 hours ago, DBounce said:

It’s important to point out that all thing being equal, a 4K file is 4x the size of a comparable 1080p file. So this file would be equivalent to 4K at 800 Mbps, assuming the same compression ratio.

You get scales of efficiency with compressing a higher resolution image (as the same jmage at 4K, is not the same as 4x random 1080 images), so it would not be exactly a linear increase in bit rate that is needed.

But as a first approximation, it is a good enough guess.

6 hours ago, AaronChicago said:

I'm having one issue that I cannot figure out. The HDMI signal cuts out when I hit record with 6K anamorphic (all bitrates). I've tried it both on my Shogun Inferno and SmallHD 502. 4K anamorphic works fine while sending a signal.

Luckily they've implementing desqueeze in camera but I've always enjoyed using a bigger screen with the GH5.

There was some talk about that with the hdmi standard. 

6 hours ago, lmackreath said:

It does make it much easier to edit with. 

9 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Easily to avoid it with the right settings though? Or not?

I wouldn't eat steak for breakfast. I can imagine heaps of situations where I'd use this as is. I can see me on my test video doing a double take and saying something like "wow they really went all out on this" because it is actually really impressive. Also the way focus so smoothly follows the touch screen.