Why I feel Panasonic treats all but GH5 users as a second class

Amazeballs

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 9/27/2017 at 7:55 AM, IronFilm said:

If it follows the trends of GH3/G6 and GH4/G7 then the G90 will probably have a few little areas where it is better than the GH5 ;-)  (but not in all ways)

Yup and this is what im waiting on. The highlight features of the gh5 to trickle down to the g90 like they did with the gh4 and g7. They improved the sensor and removed all the features I dont use anyway lol

On 9/27/2017 at 6:32 PM, Kisaha said:

Majorities are basically conservative (that is why in democratic countries conservatives/right wing parties are the norm, and a few billions of people do not even have democratic/forward thinking political systems)

This is so not true. Its a reach not based in facts or data and doesn’t support any claim or point about the camera market

1 minute ago, Don Kotlos said:

Yep, I am waiting for the GX9. 

I was originally in a rush to get the gh5 then I had to stop and ask myself why ? The sensor improvements over the gh4 in the g85 is incredible. I can only imagine what a gx9 and g90 will look like ?

45 minutes ago, Dan Sherman said:

It's true, people just complain about the electoral college when there candidate looses.

Not my candidate :smiley:

But no, while the result was legal it was not democratic. Most Americans voted for the person that lost. 

I could argue that there is no single democratic country in the strict sense of the word. Or the "spirit of it" that the "elected" clown likes to use. Any country can make up laws that bypass the spirit of a democratic process. Gerrymandering is a prime example. 

15 hours ago, Don Kotlos said:

Well not even that is true ;)

Why, because you think the election was a fraud?

10 hours ago, Don Kotlos said:

But no, while the result was legal it was not democratic. Most Americans voted for the person that lost. 

Ah I see. 

Well, everyone had to play to the rules of the game. And then do their best to succeed. 

If the election was under a difference rule set & instead about winning the popular vote, then I'm a 100% certain that Hillary and Trump (and the rest of the candidates as well, and their parties) would have campaigned very *very* VERY differently! 

And then who could predict what the result would have been instead?? Not me. 

8 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Well, everyone had to play to the rules of the game. And then do their best to succeed. 

I think you missed the point which was "you can't have anti-democratic rules and play the game of democracy". You can call it that but it doesn't mean that it is, especially when my vote is counted differently than yours.

But if you want let's start another thread about it because it's a long OT discussion and I can feel John's frustration.

From Merriam-Webster:

Definition of democracy

plural democracies

1a   : government by the people; especially :rule of the majority

b  :a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held         free elections

9 minutes ago, Don Kotlos said:

1a   : government by the people; especially :rule of the majority

Majority of what?

The majority of humans (not even the majority of humans in the USA) certainly didn't vote for Hillary *or* Trump!!

No, what is meant is the majority of the electoral college. That was the "rules of the game" which I referred to earlier. And following the rule of law, that is what the president won.

Oh, and I just described this as well:

9 minutes ago, Don Kotlos said:

indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held         free elections

So on both counts, yes, democracy. 

Majority of people. With your reasoning, a country could come up with a rule that said a majority means males between 20-40 years old, but that doesn't make it democratic. 

"Texas, home to 38 electoral votes, has an average of 532,756 potential voters for every electoral vote, according to 2015 census data.

In contrast, Wyoming has 149,066 potential voters for each of its three electoral votes, making a vote in Wyoming nearly four times more powerful than a vote in Texas."

Here is a nice article about Gerrymandering: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/11/29/how-the-electoral-college-gerrymanders-the-presidential-vote/?utm_term=.47145d0ac20e

15 hours ago, Don Kotlos said:

Majority of people. With your reasoning, a country could come up with a rule that said a majority means males between 20-40 years old, but that doesn't make it democratic. 

We already have a form of this in my country. 16 year olds are not allowed to vote. 

Lots of other certain classes of people are also not allowed to vote, such as prisoners, or people in a mental ward. 

Does that mean I don't live in a democracy here in NZ? No, of course not! Would be silly to try and claim this isn't a country with democracy. 

(although yes, arguments could be made around it being more or less democractic when it comes to including or excluding a 16yo or a prisoner)

On 1/10/2017 at 3:26 PM, Don Kotlos said:

This is an interesting article. Sorry for the format. It doesn't allow me to delete the quote!! This is a Kisaha post. Not a Don Kotlos. Sorry for this.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/02/catalans-independence-revolt-spain-independence-flags

I repeat. This is a Kisaha post, never Don Kotlos posted this.

24 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Next time, just select everything, delete, and start again!

I tried, but it is really messy on Android. I was working in Monemvasia (google it) in Southern Greece, and I will be off my base for this week, so I must stick to Android for now! 

The article is really interesting though.

Cheers Iron!

On 9/25/2017 at 5:42 PM, Dan Sherman said:

Don't underestimate how much heat is generated by encoding video, and how the bodies size factors into what features it gets.

The laws of physics generally militate against the use of really small form factors when it comes to capturing high bit-rate 4K video. The reason, of course, is that you need relatively large heat sinks and fans to get rid of all that heat.