Cloud storage and fastest file transfer speeds for video

Thpriest

I'm increasingly needing large cloud file storage (1TB or more) and fast upload/download/transfer speeds. I have a Mega account as a regular client has it and uses it to share large amounts of files with me but I find it too slow (I have 200mb fibre optic cable which I have tested and is perfect).

Wetransfer and Myairbridge used to be ok for free sites but I am now sharing 100gb or more every week and often I need speed!

I don't mind having a monthly subscription or whatever but I want to invest in the best.

What do you use? Any recommendations?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, Thpriest said:

I'm increasingly needing large cloud file storage (1TB or more) and fast upload/download/transfer speeds. I have a Mega account as a regular client has it and uses it to share large amounts of files with me but I find it too slow (I have 200mb fibre optic cable which I have tested and is perfect).

Wetransfer and Myairbridge used to be ok for free sites but I am now sharing 100gb or more every week and often I need speed!

I don't mind having a monthly subscription or whatever but I want to invest in the best.

What do you use? Any recommendations?

I got around 980Mbps after hours at WeWork in Hollywood to Vimeo. If you want max speed and cost is no object perhaps consider dedicated hardware near your physical location (or even at your location- will need a decent firewall for security ). Then you'll be able to get real SpeedTest.net speeds.

5 hours ago, Cinegain said:

I myself have been interested in the following: https://www.backblaze.com/blog/media-archive-solutions/ , might be worth having a look at.

Interesting but way too expensive for me! Once I have delivered the raw footage to my clients I then delete the files as I no longer need them. The clients understand that this is their responsibility. So I need something for a fast file exchange and maybe storing files in the cloud for a couple of weeks whilst the client gets round to downloading their files. Space - 1-2TB, Speed - as fast as my internet connection allows! That way I can free space on my day to day hard drives.

If you set up dynamic DNS you can host the files from your own local server and fully utilize your fast network connection, with no upload time for your content, since the client(s) will be pulling content directly from your server. Also no monthly cloud fees.

https://www.howtogeek.com/66438/how-to-easily-access-your-home-network-from-anywhere-with-ddns/

2 hours ago, Thpriest said:

Any other options? Has anyone tried amazon s3?

I've used s3 for business projects: I don't think it would be worth the cost in your case, and certainly couldn't outperform setting up a local file server in your location since you have a 200Mbps fiber connection. Once your clients upload files to your local file server, you'll have access via your local network at 1Gbps (or 10Gbps if you have those NICs).