iPhone 8 Rated Best Camera Ever Tested By DXOMarks

DBounce

So you might have seen the articles claiming that the new iPhone 8 is now regarded as the best smartphone camera ever. The website DXOMarks has recently claimed this new iPhone the king of smartphone cameras. However, I was skeptical. After looking at the below shootout, I now doubt everything that DXOMarks reviews. What do you guys think? Is the iPhone 8 really the best after watch this shootout?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The Galaxy Note 8 hasn't been reviewed/benchmarked by DxO yet. So the YouTube comparison doesn't really say anything about the validity of the DxOMark score. - On top of that, the video doesn't even review stills taken in raw and video taken in log profiles, and doesn't contain any information as to whether one or both of the two smartphones record 10bit video....

Waiting for the GSM arena studio shots to make any conclusions. Worth noting is that while the camera module has stayed the same from S7 to S8, the latter looks much better in studio comparison shots (iPhone 7 does not look stellar, but 8 has a bigger sensor). I think that Note 8 has the same sensor again, so not much hope there, but iphone 8 should now be on par. S9 could up the ante I hope.

2 hours ago, JurijTurnsek said:

iPhone 7 does not look stellar, but 8 has a bigger sensor). 

The iPhone 8 has the same size sensor as the 7.

http://www.techinsights.com/about-techinsights/overview/blog/apple-iphone-8-teardown/

"The wide-angle Sony CIS has a die size of 6.29 mm x 5.21 mm (32.8 mm2). This compares to a 32.3 mm2 die size for iPhone 7’s wide-angle CIS. We fast-tracked the die photographs for this teardown blog so didn’t record the color filter images today, however we can confirm a 1.22 µm pixel pitch."