Sony F3 4:4:4 config file: Can we do a simmilar hack to the f5 4k hack?

tdonovic

I recently bought a non 444 Sony F3, but its near impossible to get the 444 upgrade anymore, plus the camera was only $1200, so it doesnt make sense to buy the $1000 upgrade. I want to take a look at a config file for an F3 that was upgraded to 444, to see if I can change anything in the config file from my F3 to enable 444. 

Would someone be able to provide me with a copy of theirs?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 1 year later...

@IronFilmWow, insane! Shipping to Europe comes with customs and tax, unfortunately. Never know how high they estimate value at customs. Friend of mine bought a used macbook motherboard for 120eu on Ebay US and had to pay 40eu taxes and customs!

I got a question about Slog. Does the F3 have it from the start on? Found an auction where seller states, it´s without SLOG. From what I know, there are versions with 10bit 422 output and SLog, just without 444 output. So 422 SLOG 10bit would already plenty. It´s really weird, I bought a FS700, didnt get around to buy a lens adapter and to film something with it, rather hunting for low Shogun and Inferno prices. And, though looking out for that F3. Weird indeed.:)

19 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Sold my 444 F3 for like $850 a couple months ago...

How could you!:)

1 hour ago, PannySVHS said:

I got a question about Slog. Does the F3 have it from the start on? Found an auction where seller states, it´s without SLOG. From what I know, there are versions with 10bit 422 output and SLog, just without 444 output. So 422 SLOG 10bit would already plenty. It´s really weird, I bought a FS700, didnt get around to buy a lens adapter and to film something with it, rather hunting for low Shogun and Inferno prices. And, though looking out for that F3. Weird indeed.:)

The F3 did not initially launch with S-log, but it was promised to come in the future. 

And it did, with a VERY HEAVY PRICE TAG! (I think it was around three thousand dollars?? But then again compared to the price of the camera itself... perhaps not so extreme after all?). 

Then in response to the heating up competition (such as the Canon C300) then Sony dropped the price to just a few hundred dollars, and then later on released S-log "for free". (But the free version lacks 444)