Which "De-Video" filter?

Jonesy Jones

1 hour ago, AaronChicago said:

I've got a shoot today where I can do a quick A/B on a subject.

That would be sweet. Particularly seeing this on skin.

2 hours ago, jonpais said:

ETC stands for extra tele conversion, which in 4K gives you a 1.4x crop with no visible degradation of image quality, effectively doubling the number of lenses in your collection. I just posted a sample in 'lenses', where the Laowa 7.5mm does double duty as a 10.5mm. 

Jon, could you help me with the math?

So, let's say I have 28mm lens. Then I use a metabones .64x speed booster. That lens is now a 17.92mm, lets round up to 18mm. Then I double for the GH5 crop, and it's 35mm equiv is 36mm. Then with ETC, it is 36x1.4=50. So the 35mm equiv of a 28mm lens on a GH5 with .64x speed booster with ETC enabled is roughly 50mm. Is my math correct?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
22 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

So, let's say I have 28mm lens. Then I use a metabones .64x speed booster. That lens is now a 17.92mm, lets round up to 18mm. Then I double for the GH5 crop, and it's 35mm equiv is 36mm. Then with ETC, it is 36x1.4=50. So the 35mm equiv of a 28mm lens on a GH5 with .64x speed booster with ETC enabled is roughly 50mm. Is my math correct?

That's correct. There's also a 2.7x crop in HD, but supposedly it's not as clean, and I haven't shot in HD with the GH5 yet.

23 hours ago, Jonesy Jones said:

I was pressed for time so I didn't get to do an A/B but here is a shot with the DDFX 2 on the Sigma Cine 50-100.