New EOSHD Pro Color 3.0 and EOSHD Pro LOG comes to Sony cameras

Andrew Reid

Hi Andrew, just purchased your camera profiles for my Sony FS5.

You suggest some WB shifts using the AB/GM adjustments presumably available in stills cameras, do you have settings for the FS5's LB-CC or RB white balance shifts?

Also - you have a colour mode "MOVIE" in Pro Log S - the FS5 doesn't have that colour mode - what should I use?

Finally, I can't see any exposure guidelines - what IRE should I expose bright white for each of the five profiles?

Cheers

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 11/1/2017 at 7:26 PM, BLACKOUT said:

Hello folks I have the Procolor 3 downloaded, but the actual instructions to get it to the SDcard I'm missing .Drag and drop onto your SD card (presuming magic lantern style workaround?)does the file need unzipping etc.....

Thanks in advance.

It's just a pdf file, extract it on your desktop and read it, then manually input the settings onto your camera

@Olly Bee I asked Andrew about the FS5 and this was his reply: "Pro color mode is closest to Movie on the FS5."

As for me, I actually prefer to use SGamut3.Cine when I shoot Pro Log S. Great skin tones and a lot of data to work with in 10 bit.

As for exposure, for every "regular" pro color, expose like you would any rec 709 camera. For Pro Log S, white paper should be at 83 IRE so it will be two stops overexposed, like recommended. For Pro Log, I haven't used it much, but I've had good results exposing for skin at about 70 IRE. I generally don't expose for white so I'm not sure what it would be.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone explain what is optimized in Pro S-Log? I was under impression S-log2 is the way to go, but given the number of LUTs it seems Cinema is more preferred.

Also, how many stops of DR is in Pro Cinema vs Pro S-Log?

Also, in many videos people change details to -7 for 4k, but due to soft 1080p bring it back to 0 when shooting FullHD.

Should I also adjust it this way i.e. one PP for 4k, and the other for FullHD using instructions from the pdf yet setting details to 0 instead of value recommended in pdf?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, 

A few days ago I downloaded EOSHD Pro Color 3.0 to my notebook to use the profiles on the A6500. I am an underwater photographer and in the case of natural light shots in deeper water, the colors of Sony go strongly into purple. My old Canon was much better here.

Installing the profiles doesn't seem to work: 

I downloaded the ZIP folder "EOSHD-Pro-Color-3.0". 

This folder contains the two folders "_MACOSX" and "EOSHD Pro Color 3.0". 

In the folder "EOSHD Pro Color 3.0) I find the PDF/Manual "EOSHD Pro Color 3.0 for Sony" and the ZIP folder "Sony-Highlight-Shadow-Fix" with the two files "Sony-O-235-Highlight-Fix" and "Sony-16-235-HL-Shadow-Fix".

And I'm getting nowhere. The files cannot be opened on my notebook, nor can they be transferred to the A6500.

(Hopefully) Simple question: What do I need to do to use the three EOSHD Pro Colour 3.0 profiles on my A6500?

The day after tomorrow I will go diving in Egypt, it would be great if I could use the profiles on my camera with your help. 

Thank you and Merry Christmas

Marc

@Zhen Jie Ho EOSHD Pro Log includes two optimized profiles, one based on s-log2 (Pro Log S) and another that is a flat film profile (Pro Log Cinema) with a similar gamma curve to C-log. So, I would say use your normal preferred exposure methods when using the EOSHD Pro Log Cinema and the commonly recommended + increase in exposure often discussed in relation to Sony S-log 2 based profiles (Pro Log S in this case).

https://www.eoshd.com/pro-log/

Hi Guys, I've just bought Pro Color 3 + Pro Log Bundle.
I've made all the changes already, but there is something I was wondering. In the version 2 of Pro Color, it was mentioned different setups for different models. In this new document, the setups are aparently for all the models. So, just to make sure, if I'm using it in a Sony a6500, and not the a7sII like Andrew, should I use Cine 4 instead Cine 2, as stated in version 2? 
I don't care much about the pro color itself, but I'm really wondering if Cine 4 is not the recomended to me when using Pro Log Cinema, instead the Cine 2 listed there... Any thoughts?

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2018 at 4:43 PM, Andrew Reid said:

Yes there is an update for the A7R III being worked on right now.

The existing Pro Color does indeed work on it though.

Oh good! I bought the combo and the regular settings are not good BUT the Pro works well.  Now if Sony would allow us to RENAME the PP1-10 to something more intuitive... just saying.

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to the filming and editing aspect, therefore, may I please ask if you guys can give me a bit of advice, I only recently got my Sony A7Sii, and I intended to shoot in slog2, I understand that, the EOSHD pro Log is like the better version of sony slog2,  and I understand that shooting in a flatter profile gives you more room to play with in post, and I also happen to come across the false color plugin in this forum, so my question is, when you're using false color to help exposing correctly, how do you make sure the exposure will be correct, exposing 2 stops over in shooting with slog 2 on the false color will not be the right IRE level, am I correct? or should I rather rely on the in camera "MM" meter that indicates whether I'm under or over expose? since I'm mostly only shooting on my own and I don't have right meter to check.

any advices will be highly appreciated

Cheers

Wil

P.S I just bought the pro color and pro log bundle yesterday