Lighting an outdoor sports scene - suggestions?

jase

Hi folks,

during this winter I would like to shoot a small series of people who train no matter the weather conditions (cold / rain / snow). Trainings are defined by doing exercises on a yoga mat. I will shoot this with my GX80, maybe with a G85 because of weather sealing. However, it will be quite dark, so I know that without any lighting, I wont see shit. 

Yet, I am a total noob when it comes to lighting at all... Can you recommend me some light(s) which are:

- rainproof,

- as small as possible, or at least which can be packed small and

- are strong enough to light my scene?

What I have in mind is something like this:

fl.jpg.b7daf535e6e99ffab89c37ec9217f5c6.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

A small unit with some throw (fresnel, S4 par, etc) on a tall lightweight stand with a sandbag should be all you need to emulate that sample. Maybe a bounce card to keep the subject's face up. 

Waterproof is tougher, but some cello screen or other rain cover shouldn't be too hard with just one light. You can even do the ole' golf umbrella in a c stand knuckle trick if you want to keep things streamlined.