DaVinci Resolve 14 released!

buggz

>>Peter Chamberlain
>>Blackmagic Design

>>Release of DaVinci Resolve 14

>>Post: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:22 am
>>We are pleased to announce the release of DaVinci Resolve 14.

>>This is a no charge update for all existing DaVinci Resolve Studio customers. The free version is also available on our support web site.

I'm d/ling the studio version right now...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This will be very profitable for BM. I don't know if it was very wise to cripple the performance of the free version (no Quicksync supported there), but I guess many will start to see the advantages. 300 bucks (once and for all, no subscription, no dongle) is a price point that won't scare off many. If they continue to improve everything and add features with the same energy they showed in the last years, it will mean hard times for he competitors.

Downloaded the free version and colored a music video with it today. Performance is the best of any version yet, even on my modest laptop, and the new placement of the black/white point and white balance tools is an intuitive and welcome update. Didn't dig too far into the editor or Fairlight yet, but as a color tool it's still unmatched...especially for the price. ;)

• Administrators

Premiere is extremely poor at the moment.

The Resolve 14 BETA is more stable than Premiere in 2017.

And free... blows my mind.

Downloading the latest Resolve 14 now, and I am sure the performance and reliability is even better.

Adobe should apologise for being so poor, and give everyone an opt-out of the subscription service for a one off fee. Otherwise, the sub service is going to whither and die, people will move back to Apple and Blackmagic. It really is that bad. You can't have such a mission critical piece of software with such poor reliability for months on end.

55 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Premiere is extremely poor at the moment.

The Resolve 14 BETA is more stable than Premiere in 2017.

And free... blows my mind.

Downloading the latest Resolve 14 now, and I am sure the performance and reliability is even better.

Adobe should apologise for being so poor, and give everyone an opt-out of the subscription service for a one off fee. Otherwise, the sub service is going to whither and die, people will move back to Apple and Blackmagic. It really is that bad. You can't have such a mission critical piece of software with such poor reliability for months on end.

I felt like their 2015 software was also awful and they kind of tidied everything up last year. Unfortunately, it was only a brief stable period and you're right, the software is atrocious now.

On 9/8/2017 at 2:27 AM, Andrew Reid said:

Adobe should apologise for being so poor, and give everyone an opt-out of the subscription service for a one off fee

i said See ya later to Adobe~! well not rlly i still have photoshop and lightroom lol

resolve 14 is way faster on my mac. havent used it much but so far so good

Anyone know whether the new versions of Resolve allow you to export an individual video clip with synced external audio without having to render the entire timeline?

I've been using 12 for a while now, and as far as I know, you've had to do a workaround like create separate timelines for EACH single video clip with synced external audio and then export each timeline one after the other. 

Any word on this would be appreciated tho!