GH5 photo quality - preview vs. stored photo

Marcus Hultberg

Hello people :-)

I have a question (for you experts ;-)) regarding my new DC-GH5.

Whenever I take a picture there seems to be a slight, subtle drop in the quality of the picture being layered on the SSD-card, compared to what I monitor on both the screen and viewfinder prior to taking the picture. I can't seem to find any explanation on this anywhere. I've tried adjusting various settings, but to no avail. I'm using SanDisk, Extreme Plus, 90 MB/s, and the Vario 12-35, 2.8 lens. I been wondering of it has something to with the speed of the SSD-card or the minimum arpeture of 2.8? When I adjust the aperture manually it doesn't affect what I'm previewing on the screen or viewfinder. The change only applies to the stored picture (Can this be changed, btw)?

I'm VERY new to DSLR so this might be normal, but I find it annoying to not be able to completely trust what I'm seeing. I'm therefore hoping for a solution :-)

Any help will be appreciated. 

Best regards

Marcus Hultberg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'm guessing you're shooting raw. What you see in the EVF and on the LCD is a processed version of the raw. If you shoot a jpeg it should be pretty much identical outside of how your monitor is calibrated. If you're shooting raw it'll be flatter and less sharp when viewed on a computer. When you process it, then you can replicate the look you see in the camera.

Chris