new updates NX1 ???

keessie65

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

no. because samsung no longer has the camera department. You can wish one day they decide to come back. just like their computer department. was closed down 2 year ago. Samsung decide to leave computer industry. But this year they came back. released some new laptop and pc. But I think for the camera the chance is so so so slim.

I think they have the update on the shelf but is not finished or tested...Wasn't it a few months after the update that Samsung quited the camera line? I talked to some Samsung guys at LinkedIn who developed a few years ago software for the NX1, but they can't tell me more. They are all on other projects now. 

• 3 months later...
On 8/30/2017 at 11:37 PM, keessie65 said:

Last summer there was an update for the mobile app. Will there be an update for the NX1 camerabody in the future?

I seriously doubt it. I think 1.4 was the last firmware we're going to see from Samsung. They had a proggresive firmware release schedule which has been frozen since late 2015 I believe. During that time there were still active devs transitioning to other divisions. 

We're better off getting the hack boys back on the hacks, even crowdsource them if nessecary. 

On 9/5/2017 at 8:07 PM, Kai Liu said:

no. because samsung no longer has the camera department. You can wish one day they decide to come back. just like their computer department. was closed down 2 year ago. Samsung decide to leave computer industry. But this year they came back. released some new laptop and pc. But I think for the camera the chance is so so so slim.

THIS ^

• 1 month later...

This is hardly a rumor, it was simply a three line response to the countless request for comment that says "maybe you will get a gift while you fight" this means absolutely nothing and out of the very long list of what this could mean an NX3 is very very very far down that list.

Here is my list of what this could mean in order of probably
1. Probably means nothing and we are not getting anything.
2. A software update that helps with compatibility with newer phones
3. A software update that helps with compatibility with newer phones & gives minor phone interface improvements because it was easier to connect their new cell phone camera app to the NX1 then to make the old app work with the newer cameras.
10,000. They have taken all the tech they learned with the NX to make a concept camera of the future for display at tech shows and showboat what they could do if they wanted.
1,000,00. they have an NX3 that will be released in two years that is nothing like a camera as we know it and more like a cellphone with 1" sensor like all the other cell phone companies are coming out with now. (actually, this is probably not that unlikely but really has nothing to do with cameras or the NX1)
10,000,000. they have an NX3 that is an iteration of the NX2 and can use NX lenses.

Guys, as many of you know I'm the guy behind the petition being referenced on the FB page. I tried to contact a handful of Directors and ex employees that actually worked on the NX1 and even the new CEO of Samsung. It took me a lot of digging to find the right players. I even used my street creds and contacts within the tech industry. I hold over 13 patents. Crickets. 

They are focusing on smartphone cameras right now. They are an incrediably elusive company when it comes to their product development (as most tech companies are) but they have been vaguely clear about their projections. The problem is there's a language barrier with a lot of them and their vaugeness whether intentional or not always leaves that door cracked. This is giving many of us false hope. 

My inclination is that the "NX3" is the evolution of the NX1 promise carried through into their smartphone technology. Samsung is NOT going to allow Apple, LG, Google, Nokia best them in this department in 2018. Samsung has always been very aggressive in this department and they have all the resources they need to pull it off. 

I think we're going to see some interesting camera tech in the S9 and Note 9 series, as well as the aforementioned foldeable screen device.

I think these products are going to blow away the competition in spades. Their true competitor (in camera tech) right now will be RED's hydrogen One who's promising one of their super35 image sensors in a add-on module. This would revoluntionize and galvanize the industry if they pull it off. Ultimate mobility will be the new buzzword. Peripherals are all going wireless. 

The industry is having a paradigm shift and the first stage is denial. And plenty of people are steep in it. 

The industry is already priming right now:

https://mashable.com/2017/07/01/michel-gondry-iphone-7-film/

https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/01/30/director-steven-soderbergh-calls-shooting-on-apples-iphone-a-gamechanger-wants-to-use-it-for-all-future-movies

I think we're going to come to understand Samsung's decision to pull out of the camera market as we currently know it. I would not be suprised to see Sony, Panasonic and Even Apple jump into the game. I think Canon and Nikon are already on their death march. 

48 minutes ago, Marco Tecno said:

I'm not so sure about paradigm shift happening "now". It will happen, sure, but there would have been room for another iteration of nx tech, in the meanwhile.

Oh no, I guarantee you it's happening right now, just incrementally.  That being said, technology grows at a exponential rate, which means any projections about technology growth in the past is garbage data going forward. A lot of people forget to factor this in which skews projections.

Expect some manufacturer with an industry reputation like RED to change the game and watch ppl flock to it in droves, (once they get over the concept of bigger is better) just as everyone is flocking to the GH5/s. They couldn't hand over their money fast enough to Panasonic, and for what, marginally better features than the GH4?

I'm not making any claims that this is a good or bad trend, that remains to be seen. But I am saying it will be a thing at some point sooner than later, and helping people to mentally gear up as to not be so shocked when it hits it's peak craze.

On a personal level, even though I don't know if I'll adopt it myself, I'm looking forward to the industry getting it's much deserved dispelling of the notion that to make a feature film you have to shoot on with a $60k camera. Several top cinematographers actually disagree with this notion as well, but their clients lock them into those costly systems because brand reputation and status is part of securing big budgets oddly enough. Kind of like if you were to cost your services too cheaply the perception would be you don't produce high quality. All it's going to take is just ONE reputable manufacturer that the industry respects to dispel this and it's the point of no return. 

17 hours ago, MountneerMan said:

1. Probably means nothing and we are not getting anything.
2. A software update that helps with compatibility with newer phones

In between those two you should have put:

1.5 We're getting yet another new smartphone with an "amazing" new teeny sensor in it! Oh wow!

Probably is the mostly likely option after "nothing" as to what Samsung means (if anything).

4 hours ago, Kisaha said:

GH5 is not "marginally" better than the GH4. That is not even close.

GH4 to GH5 was a bigger leap than the GH1 to GH2 or the GH2 to GH3

On 9/7/2017 at 2:22 PM, keessie65 said:

I think they have the update on the shelf but is not finished or tested...Wasn't it a few months after the update that Samsung quited the camera line? I talked to some Samsung guys at LinkedIn who developed a few years ago software for the NX1, but they can't tell me more. They are all on other projects now. 

Probably because they honestly don't know anymore than you and I. They go where their assigned by upper management and are probably not included in business objective meetings. Not uncommon in tech companies.