whoisjsd

New GH5 Firmware Update anamorphic gripes...

Now, I am in no way disappointed with the overall update stats. They're amazing. But there are a few things that really irk me that seem like they should be offered as long as they are stable and possible.

1. I am very happy with the desqueeze setting... but why leave out 1.5x and 1.75x? There are 1.9x lenses out there too. Just seems like something that should be an easy tweak to what they have.

2. No VFR anamorphic mode. I was really hoping for a lower resolution anamorphic mode that can do at least 120 fps. The lack of more VFR options in this update is super disappointing. All that data pushing and I can't find anything on improved VFR data rates on this update.

3. ETC in normal 4K and anamorphic mode. There has got to be a way to do this. This would be amazing for getting more out of certain lenses without having to worry about vignetting and such.

Please, Panasonic? Can I have my cake and eat it too?

Over all the new update looks phenomenal and I can't want to get it. I'm just a spoiled brat that wants dessert with my dessert.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
15 hours ago, whoisjsd said:

Now, I am in no way disappointed with the overall update stats. They're amazing. But there are a few things that really irk me that seem like they should be offered as long as they are stable and possible.

1. I am very happy with the desqueeze setting... but why leave out 1.5x and 1.75x? There are 1.9x lenses out there too. Just seems like something that should be an easy tweak to what they have.

2. No VFR anamorphic mode. I was really hoping for a lower resolution anamorphic mode that can do at least 120 fps. The lack of more VFR options in this update is super disappointing. All that data pushing and I can't find anything on improved VFR data rates on this update.

3. ETC in normal 4K and anamorphic mode. There has got to be a way to do this. This would be amazing for getting more out of certain lenses without having to worry about vignetting and such.

Please, Panasonic? Can I have my cake and eat it too?

Over all the new update looks phenomenal and I can't want to get it. I'm just a spoiled brat that wants dessert with my dessert.

I really wish there was some way to ask for adding 1.5x and 1.75x VFR options would be nice. Still it's amazing what they did add. 

I can't gripe... No one else is doing anything close to this at this price point. I'll fake anamorphic for slowmo and crop. I don't generally use much slowmo anyway. The fact is, the more footage I view the more impressed I become. Panasonic has done well with this firmware.

Also, I'd like to add that ETC in 4K and anamorphic mode was apparently added in firmware v1.1... I could have sworn that I read that it wasn't working or unavailable somewhere. I will have to test it out this weekend.

On 8/31/2017 at 11:10 AM, Ian Edward Weir said:

I really wish there was some way to ask for adding 1.5x and 1.75x VFR options would be nice. Still it's amazing what they did add. 

@Ian Edward Weir I've been using an Aivascope 1.75 and getting used to it. How do you de-squeeze in premiere pro when it only gives you options of 2x or 1.33x? I selected 2x de-squeeze and it seems ok but would be curious how an expert on the topic handles the footage? 

2 hours ago, Dposty said:

@Ian Edward Weir I've been using an Aivascope 1.75 and getting used to it. How do you de-squeeze in premiere pro when it only gives you options of 2x or 1.33x? I selected 2x de-squeeze and it seems ok but would be curious how an expert on the topic handles the footage? 

I think free HandBrake can do it.