Yuneec E90 - 4K60p 23mm FF eqiv. 1" 20mpx Sony sensor

JurijTurnsek

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
14 hours ago, salim said:

The camera specs are nothing better than the DJI Phantom 4 pro. At this stage, P4P is a much safer bet. 

Yuneec is $300 cheaper, and its legs can lift up to get out of the way of the shot. Six props should give it better stability too. 

Plus in the medium term, I bet the price of the Yuneec will drop faster than the DJI drone. 

Having used Yuneec in a bunch of commercials (and full disclosure, having shot a few commercials for the Finnish branch of the company) I've taken a liking to their products. The drones themselves are pretty easy to use and surprisingly well built, there's a good amount of features packed into them and the image quality is surprisingly solid and I'd say easier to match to Blackmagic than say, an RX10 MK2.

Also the controllers are a godsend. I hate having to use an Ipad/cellphone or whatever as a controller for a camera, having a robust controller with everything built in from the get go is just so much better it's not even funny.

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

Yuneec is $300 cheaper, and its legs can lift up to get out of the way of the shot. Six props should give it better stability too. 

Plus in the medium term, I bet the price of the Yuneec will drop faster than the DJI drone. 

I'm very familiar with the DJI offer and not the Yuneec ones so I may be wrong but from the incredible poor website it seems that you need both the frame and the camera if you want the new 1inch camera:

http://us.yuneec.com/commercial

So for something similar in video spec 1 inch sensor 4k 60p as the P4p you would need 1999 + 1299 not really 300 cheaper or I'm missing something?

Maybe you are comparing it to the Inspire 2 (the one that lift the legs) but is really another class of drone (58 mph). You can get the same camera on the 1800 usd P4p+ (controller with integrated display) or you can get the same camera spec on the P4 Advanced for 1200 usd.

37 minutes ago, Ehetyz said:

Having used Yuneec in a bunch of commercials (and full disclosure, having shot a few commercials for the Finnish branch of the company) I've taken a liking to their products. The drones themselves are pretty easy to use and surprisingly well built, there's a good amount of features packed into them and the image quality is surprisingly solid and I'd say easier to match to Blackmagic than say, an RX10 MK2.

Also the controllers are a godsend. I hate having to use an Ipad/cellphone or whatever as a controller for a camera, having a robust controller with everything built in from the get go is just so much better it's not even funny.

DJI offers integrated controller on the P4p+ and the new CrystalSky monitor/tablet https://store.dji.com/product/crystalsky?from=menu_products. But a lot of people don't like them because you cannot use 3 party apps like lichi, dronedeploy etc... With the CrystalSky you can always remove it and put a phone/tablet but then why not use phone/tablets. 

The DJI HW is really great the problem is the software quality. At every FW they improve something and break something else... I really hope Yuneec can become a real competitor forcing DJI to rise the software quality bar (right now they always ship beta quality software..).

1 minute ago, gt3rs said:

So for something similar in video spec 1 inch sensor 4k 60p as the P4p you would need 1999 + 1299 not really 300 cheaper or I'm missing something?

Heh, I'd say you're likely right, I was just going off the info in this thread. 

I think Yuneec is sensibly not trying to directly compete against either the P4 Pro or the Inspire but instead putting it in between the two.