Rob Bannister

Shot some small tests with the Iscorama on my d800 last week. Shot on D800 with the nikon 50mm 1.4D and Tokina +0.4 diopter and Hoya +1 diopter. I did the edit in premiere, grading in speed grade and second grade in nuke using some custom grading filters I made using filters from on set.

My site

www.robbannister.com

Downloads page

http://www.robbannister.com/downloads/

videos

CC1

http://vimeo.com/64450588

CC2

http://vimeo.com/64464863

Hopefully I'll have some stuff really worth showing soon.

Rob

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Iscoramas really convince you that 'in focus' means 'in focus'! Damn, that's sharp. This machine is beautiful! Don't even know what it does, but these colors made me think it was CGI. :P

I prefer the first CC option, since I'm more of a blue guy, than a greenish fellow. hahaha

Thanks for the kind words. The first one is done with a LUT and some CC in speed grade the second one is done in nuke using a Straw filter. When they use filters on set we get them to shout a Macbeth chart and I can neutralize the plates for CG and comp work then we reverse it to apply it back at the end and no one is the wiser. SO Ive combined all of these into a node that you can apply or remove. Works out quite well. 

I wish my eye didnt always go for warm corrections its something i have to work on.

Thanks that mean a lot, Im new but I really want to shoot a feature anamorphic so its my way to test out and learn how to frame in 2.35 2.66 Im already fining I need to get an evf with anamorphic desqueeze so Im looking into that. Should search this forum.

I didnt post it but here is the last version. Its a little more lifted / faded with some film grain and blooming.

http://vimeo.com/64469791

Thanks that mean a lot, Im new but I really want to shoot a feature anamorphic so its my way to test out and learn how to frame in 2.35 2.66 Im already fining I need to get an evf with anamorphic desqueeze so Im looking into that. Should search this forum.

Interesting to see someone else who is using Iscorama on D800. I've also noticed that nailing the focus is difficult on the D800 display. I'm myself considering getting a SmallHD AC7 monitor. It's an HD resolution monitor at 7", you can enter custom aspect ratios, and there are quite a few options that aid in focusing & getting proper exposure. 

NICE!! Im looking for something like that to do custom scaling and peaking. I was looking at evfs or possibly a monitor but not looking to spend $1000...$500 just seems easier to swallow.

Btw, I just found out that you can set the wheel center button to zoom in while in live view for better control over focus. It zooms in right where you have moved the focusing square. Very handy for focusing!

NICE!! Im looking for something like that to do custom scaling and peaking. I was looking at evfs or possibly a monitor but not looking to spend $1000...$500 just seems easier to swallow.

Buy a Zacuto EVF! Got mine for $500, used, and it works like a charm. Can't remember my life without it. hahaha

There is a chinese monitor called NEWAY CL76HO-X with custom scaling option out there. It's about $300-400 as I recall. 

Honestly, spend the 1k because with evfs and monitors, you absolutely get what you pay for.

I have a Kinotehnik and it is the best evf I have ever used. It has all the desqueezes etc and is properly fast. Unlike the TVlogic or Zacuto I don't get a weird seasick disconnect between the real motion and what I'm seeing. It has focus assists but I don't use them because it is easy to tell sharps just from the image.

Great looking shots too dude.

Cheers,

Toby

Thanks guys, I'll check them out. Its hard to jump on it right now because Ive jumped ship and preordered the Black Magic Pocket camera which has at least peaking for focus. Maybe after I get it I'll look into these options for the desqueezed monitoring. THe evfs/monitors look awesome. Im using the hyperdeck for hdmi recording but man is that thing heavy with the plate on the bottom.

Thanks guys, I'll check them out. Its hard to jump on it right now because Ive jumped ship and preordered the Black Magic Pocket camera which has at least peaking for focus. Maybe after I get it I'll look into these options for the desqueezed monitoring. THe evfs/monitors look awesome. Im using the hyperdeck for hdmi recording but man is that thing heavy with the plate on the bottom.

rob you are a laugh a minute a riot :)

would you mind if i quote you again?

Ive jumped ship and preordered the Black Magic Pocket camera...

all i would say friend is happy pocket cam shooting in feb 2014 maybe 2015  :D  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

buy a rubber ducky they will not let you down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc5T06SsnkA