Media bias and Google/YouTube

jcs

22 hours ago, jcs said:

Crypto currency is seeing massive growth, and people are getting rich from it. While a friend recently boasted of buying a new home from cryptocurrency profits, I suspect crypto may have been developed by the Rulers. Why? Because it was released from a secret source, supposedly from a single person, Satoshi Nakamoto (not a real name). While it’s certainly possible that a single genius developed it and released it anonymously, it’s also possibly the result of a large group of people’s work, as a way to start transitioning away from the petrodollar and providing as-yet-unknown ways of maintaining control of a system which on the surface appears to be fully decentralized. Such a crypto system could contain unseen back doors, especially if NSA level folks worked to help develop it.

From a simulation and systems point of view, it would appear that developing many small systems of management and control, which loosely interact to form a larger system, would be a viable ‘better way’. Such as the original idea for the United States. Currently that system doesn’t work, and the Federal government controlled by the Rulers have ultimate authority and control everything, including mainstream media to shape the people’s thoughts through well understood psychology.

A peaceful solution would be to walk away from the system. Everyone leave the cities and live in smaller rural communities which are self-sufficient: making their own food, clean water, shelter, and anything else they need to live a good life. By using barter or some other system of energy accounting, no taxes would be paid other than minimal taxes as required by current law for land, etc. The Rulers realize this, and communes in the past which have tried this have been labeled cults and once large enough have been ended by the Rulers.

So What can We Do?

With a goal of minimizing global suffering, and to promote a good life for as many people as possible, the first step is education. For as many people as possible to understand how the global system currently works, and who’s doing what and why in terms of information exchange.

A financial system reset is needed: can we figure out a workable soft reset, so we can prevent war? The difference today vs. the past is the internet is a giant, intelligent being. With the combined intelligence of everyone online, along perhaps with artificial intelligence systems, we should be able to develop a stable, healthy, and sustainable system that has never existed before. For the so-called Age of Aquarius: a new way of living not based on consumption, which is unsustainable on a planetary scale.

As media creators, first and foremost our mission in education is healing division. Once we stop taking what’s going on in Washington as a real, functioning system, vs. the Theater for Division, we can collectively focus on what’s necessary to improve the system without collapse. Perhaps this starts with the FED and financial systems, including a restructuring of the tax system. Simplifying and streamlining the system to remove hidden wastes of energy (money) will result in massive improvements for the quality of millions of lives, all over the world.

In summary, we the people of Earth must develop a new way of living sustainably, which we can test via artificial intelligence and simulation systems before trying it out on the world. At the same time, these modeling systems can give us real-time feedback in ways never before possible to fine tune the system’s performance to more quickly reach working solutions.

Crypto currency is nice but, yeah, it's growth is a little bit suspicious. It's pretty easy to shut it down for the rich guys. Market cap is too small. 71 billion $ could be very easily manipulated (gold's is in trillions and they still keep it in place) . On top of it, even though it's decentralised, one change in law can send it down very quickly (what about - let's make it illegal now?)
I agree that as media creators our mission is education but do you think people have a chance vs big money and big power? I don't think they will ever give up so is there a point in thinking about how to fix FED for example? Historically, small guys won against big guys through creation of a completely new way of thinking and then through leadership uniting enough people to create a revolution. I think in modern age a little bit of this is happening now with ideas like crowdfunding small guys/shared economy. This certainly empowers people and eats into profits of big guys and it's just the beginning. Media creators/influencers can definitely empower small guys by spreading the word out and creating momentum for them on the Internet around the world. At least big corporations can somewhat be bypassed in today's world which is awesome.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, tomekk said:

I agree that as media creators our mission is education but do you think people have a chance vs big money and big power? I don't think they will ever give up so is there a point in thinking about how to fix FED for example? Historically, small guys won against big guys through creation of a completely new way of thinking and then through leadership uniting enough people to create a revolution. I think in modern age a little bit of this is happening now with ideas like crowdfunding small guys/shared economy. This certainly empowers people and eats into profits of big guys and it's just the beginning. Media creators/influencers can definitely empower small guys by spreading the word out and creating momentum for them on the Internet around the world. At least big corporations can somewhat be bypassed in today's world which is awesome.

Absolutely we can change the world through education! As well as through creating entertaining content which gets people thinking, without having the ideas preached down their throats.

Anyone feel powerful emotions when Darth Vader sacrificed himself to save Luke from the Emperor in Return of the Jedi? Those kinds of scenes are emotionally powerful. So here's the metaphor from Star Wars in 2017: Luke represents the people struggling to reduce oppression from the Ruling Elite (the Emperor). Darth Vader represents people in government/military who rise up and overthrow the Rulers to free the people from oppression and slavery. The same thing Daenerys Targaryen does using dragons in Game of Thrones. Those two examples are direct confrontation. Using the internet we can have a peaceful, more gradual change by walking away from the system; creating a new one that works better and self-protects from the primary issue of corruption: secrecy. Some things are best kept secret, however it's a slippery slope and incredibly dangerous when secrecy expands along with fear generated by those in power.

So we can tell powerful stories where the underlying theme is an honorable way to live differently that everyone can follow, driven by spirituality and psychology, without divisive politics or religion (spirituality with divisive politics).

The idea is one thing, but implementation of it is another. We should create a secret society of filmmakers dedicated to change the world and work as a decentralised system to avoid shutting down ;). Stories with metaphors are good, but some people need more direct stories. I wouldn't limit myself to metaphorical stuff only ;). We should be producing all kind of stories and work on a lot of different levels to maximise reach ;). 

24 minutes ago, tomekk said:

The idea is one thing, but implementation of it is another. We should create a secret society of filmmakers dedicated to change the world and work as a decentralised system to avoid shutting down ;). Stories with metaphors are good, but some people need more direct stories. I wouldn't limit myself to metaphorical stuff only ;). We should be producing all kind of stories and work on a lot of different levels to maximise reach ;). 

Absolutely. Here's my first go at creating a documentary along those lines, shot on the Canon 5D Mark III in 2012, created after I faced death and took a completely different view of the world (5 minutes long):

"How to Live" was a simplification of many ideas, and upon later reflection is perhaps too preachy as a title. Perhaps better: A Way to Live. The ideas are all based on science: math, physics, biology, and simulations. I now also look into the spiritual side of things, along with a lot more psychology.

After watching my documentary, someone recommended I study Alan Watts, and that changed my life too:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=alan+watts

As amazing as Alan Watts was in explaining very tricky Zen and Taoist ideas (and more), it was (is) still perhaps too long and too deep for most people to have the patience to watch, listen, and study.

To start a viral change in global consciousness, we need very simple, easy to remember ideas that people can easily understand and share with others.

1 hour ago, tomekk said:

Yup, I absolutely agree.  How do you tread that line?  How much metaphor is too much, do you risk your audience missing the point or do you risk turning them off by being too "preachy".

We have been attempting to define our voice and our version of this through a series of videos on our channel that deal with everything from Spirituality to corrupt government, unplugging from the media, and uniting as a people.  Each video tackles a different subject but with a different approach.  Comedy, abstract, more mainstream and commercial, drama etc.

Still don't know which is the best approach.  Seems like each subject requires it's own criteria.  

30 minutes ago, Neumann Films said:

Yup, I absolutely agree.  How do you tread that line?  How much metaphor is too much, do you risk your audience missing the point or do you risk turning them off by being too "preachy".

Still don't know which is the best approach.  Seems like each subject requires it's own criteria.  

My idea would be to create different channels for different audiences as a part of a decentralised system. This way one team could focus, for example, on a direct approach and another on a metaphorical one etc. It would help to target people better, split workload and maximise potential of each team.

23 minutes ago, Neumann Films said:

Analytics can help show the way.

Something new is needed. Something like Functional Spirituality. That is, spiritual activities which if practiced can show real results: such as meditation, yoga, organic nutrition, and 'right thought'. Acknowledging that there are things in the universe that we don't currently understand. That we can mysteriously heal our bodies and help others heal theirs as well as change the world with our thoughts. Even more so with our actions and communications. Put these ideas into the Zeitgeist: get as many people thinking and talking about it as possible, by every means possible.

Documentaries, narratives, poetry, music, live streaming, festivals, film festivals, health services, coaching, nutritional products, etc. I'm thinking of starting a 501(c)(3) non profit organization for specifically this purpose, including local fellowship gatherings, perhaps held in traditional churches in Beverly Hills and/or Hollywood. A buddy is an amazing musician and he already plays in a church- we'd have live music too: fun, educational, with real tools to deal with life, and no preaching.

2 hours ago, jcs said:

AI data mining social media (every gov and NGO with the budget is likely doing this): https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/26/robert-mercer-breitbart-war-on-media-steve-bannon-donald-trump-nigel-farage

"The newspaper's reputation as a platform for liberal and left-wing editorial has led to the use of the "Guardian reader" and "Guardianista" as often (but not always) pejorative epithets for those of left-leaning or politically correct tendencies." There's more than enough material out there to feed your own neuroses. 

On 25/08/2017 at 0:05 AM, jcs said:

Here is the result of my research this summer, simplified as much as possible:

Energy and Information Control in the World Today

Flow of Information and Control

WorldPower.png.7c52758a7834032f492b15b0827bbc22.png

World Power

Our current money is a form of energy accounting. Energy used over time is Power: physics. The world currently runs on the petrodollar: actual energy (oil) and FIAT accounting (Federal Reserve Notes, or FRNs). FIAT is latin for “let it become” and is a kind of IOU. It’s purely an accounting for energy exchange, not based on real tangible assets.

Who Rules the World

The people who create and control the money supply rule the world: the trillionaire+ Rulers. In the USA it’s the people who control the Federal Reserve (FED), a private banking cartel, which contrary to its name is not under government control. Which means it is not managed by the will of the people of the USA, but rather transnational banking interests. And for every dollar created, we go further into debt and the Rulers become more powerful.

The FED creates money out of thin air every time the government borrows money, and in turn every time consumers borrow money from the banks. A major talking point is “reducing the national debt”. However the way the system is currently structured, it’s impossible to pay off the debt. Because of the way the FED makes money on interest for the loans, it’s impossible to pay it off. If the government and consumers stop borrowing money, the system will collapse. The system is entering the terminal stage, meaning that in the near future it will collapse, similar to what happened with the Great Depression, except this time it would happen on a global scale with far greater consequences.

Why the USA Seems to be Going Crazy Right Now

The USA and it’s allies have the most powerful combined military in the world, by far. If a world war starts, it will provide cover for the Rulers to restructure and create a new monetary system of control while the militaries save us from whatever threat the Rulers have manufactured. While it may seem hard to believe, every major war since the USA was formed was funded by the Rulers. And they funded both sides, including Germany for WWII, and even helping to create communism by supporting Lenin in Russia. The strategy is brilliantly simple: create internal and external division, and fund both sides until they can provide a solution which ends up giving them even more power and control.

The Rulers created the terrorism and migrant crises', and now that enough people have realized this, they are concentrating most of their energy in weakening the USA by creating division in any and every way possible. Civil war is clearly one of their goals, as is world war III. They tried with Ukraine and Syria, and now they are focused on North Korea (Iran is still in play as well).

The Rulers are brilliantly ruthless. They are lead by psychopaths and sociopaths, who have no mercy or empathy. From a systems power and control analysis, this makes perfect sense that they would rise to the top of power. They can do whatever it takes to win. These same kinds of people also control many top corporations, which are legally ‘individuals’ operating as psychopaths: do whatever it takes to create a profit for the benefit of the shareholders.

The reason it appears almost impossible for change to happen in Washington DC, is for two primary reasons. First, the system is completely corrupt, held together by blackmail and bribes. It’s pretty much impossible to prosecute one or a few without the whole system blowing up as pretty much everyone is in on the game. It’s like asking a gang of criminals to prosecute themselves for crimes they have committed: they’ll protect each other and make the case that no crimes have actually been committed. Second, the system is controlled by the Rulers, not the people. The two-party system is a charade.

The Rulers understand that millions of people now realize what is going on, and civil unrest is rapidly accelerating. It would appear that marching on DC and demanding change would be a solution. However that could start civil war and marshal law would be declared. This would result in a complete loss of liberty and consolidation of power for the Rulers. They have bunkers all over the world, including some as large as underground cities complete with shopping mails and functioning replacement governments. At least some of them will survive all out global nuclear war and/or biological war based on state of the art targeted bio weapons.

The Rulers are a combination of people born into wealth as well as  some of the most intelligent people on Earth. They are now using real-time artificial intelligence, operating on social media intelligence gathering, to shape the world view in real-time! They realize that the average person is, by definition, of average intelligence, and historically, large populations haven’t done well to manage themselves or resources without a strong power structure keeping it all together. In their defense, they have a valid point. However, their agenda means to control the population’s behavior, as well as the population's numbers, by any means necessary. Deep down they truly believe they are doing the right thing. While wars are terrible and many have suffered as the result of forced regime changes, overall the world has been more peaceful and prosperous than all of prior recorded history, which has resulted in an unsustainable population explosion.

The question for us all, is there a better way? Must we suffer through another global economic disaster if the petrodollar collapses? Must we suffer through a civil or global war in order to facilitate another reset?

Crypto currency is seeing massive growth, and people are getting rich from it. While a friend recently boasted of buying a new home from cryptocurrency profits, I suspect crypto may have been developed by the Rulers. Why? Because it was released from a secret source, supposedly from a single person, Satoshi Nakamoto (not a real name). While it’s certainly possible that a single genius developed it and released it anonymously, it’s also possibly the result of a large group of people’s work, as a way to start transitioning away from the petrodollar and providing as-yet-unknown ways of maintaining control of a system which on the surface appears to be fully decentralized. Such a crypto system could contain unseen back doors, especially if NSA level folks worked to help develop it.

From a simulation and systems point of view, it would appear that developing many small systems of management and control, which loosely interact to form a larger system, would be a viable ‘better way’. Such as the original idea for the United States. Currently that system doesn’t work, and the Federal government controlled by the Rulers have ultimate authority and control everything, including mainstream media to shape the people’s thoughts through well understood psychology.

A peaceful solution would be to walk away from the system. Everyone leave the cities and live in smaller rural communities which are self-sufficient: making their own food, clean water, shelter, and anything else they need to live a good life. By using barter or some other system of energy accounting, no taxes would be paid other than minimal taxes as required by current law for land, etc. The Rulers realize this, and communes in the past which have tried this have been labeled cults and once large enough have been ended by the Rulers.

So What can We Do?

With a goal of minimizing global suffering, and to promote a good life for as many people as possible, the first step is education. For as many people as possible to understand how the global system currently works, and who’s doing what and why in terms of information exchange.

A financial system reset is needed: can we figure out a workable soft reset, so we can prevent war? The difference today vs. the past is the internet is a giant, intelligent being. With the combined intelligence of everyone online, along perhaps with artificial intelligence systems, we should be able to develop a stable, healthy, and sustainable system that has never existed before. For the so-called Age of Aquarius: a new way of living not based on consumption, which is unsustainable on a planetary scale.

As media creators, first and foremost our mission in education is healing division. Once we stop taking what’s going on in Washington as a real, functioning system, vs. the Theater for Division, we can collectively focus on what’s necessary to improve the system without collapse. Perhaps this starts with the FED and financial systems, including a restructuring of the tax system. Simplifying and streamlining the system to remove hidden wastes of energy (money) will result in massive improvements for the quality of millions of lives, all over the world.

In summary, we the people of Earth must develop a new way of living sustainably, which we can test via artificial intelligence and simulation systems before trying it out on the world. At the same time, these modeling systems can give us real-time feedback in ways never before possible to fine tune the system’s performance to more quickly reach working solutions.

So you didn't spend your summer lounging around at the beach?

9 hours ago, Orangenz said:

"The newspaper's reputation as a platform for liberal and left-wing editorial has led to the use of the "Guardian reader" and "Guardianista" as often (but not always) pejorative epithets for those of left-leaning or politically correct tendencies." There's more than enough material out there to feed your own neuroses. 

The goal of showing that link was about artificial intelligence being used as a feedback tool by the Rulers to more efficiently measure the changes of their information programs.

It should be clear from my posts I'm neither Left nor Right: they're just tools for division.

It appears you focused on the political aspect of the source of the information and implied that the poster of said information has a neuroses (mental illness)? If, so what is your goal?

On 8/23/2017 at 7:01 PM, quivering_member said:

If his point is that the media does a bad job of diluting complicated messages into simple ones accurately probably because a nice outrageous simple message generates more clicks then yeah.

Yes, there is a reason we are here at EOSHD.  There are plenty of multibillion dollar international news organizations who have millions of dollars of camera equipment and yet we have to come to EOSHD to get the real news about cameras.  MSM outlets don't cover topics in depth or in a nuanced fashion.  Not for cameras and certainly not for complex things like gender and race.

Having said that I think Google did the right thing running this guy off.  The battles we choose to fight say a lot about us.  This guy is a privileged white male probably making six figures and yet this is his big complaint?  Good thing he wasn't born black... or with a vagina.  He would have committed suicide by now.  The guy is a cry baby.

I agree we should all try and get along but really we can't waste our time coddling people like this.  Here are some statistics...

Colleges won’t say it, but this is happening because elite schools field applications from many more qualified women than men and thus are trying to hold the line against a 60:40 ratio of women to men. Were Brown to accept women and men at the same rate, its undergraduate population would be almost 60 percent women instead of 52 percent—three women for every two men.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/07/30/achieving-perfect-gender-balance-on-campus-isnt-that-important-ending-private-colleges-affirmative-action-for-men-is/?utm_term=.ba2da2754dce

Women dominate high school honor rolls and make up more than 70 percent of class valedictorians.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/41928806/ns/business-us_business/t/men-falling-behind-women/#.WaRl0MaQy71

The previous record for most female CEOs on the list was set in 2014, when 24 women made the list. This number stayed unchanged the following two years (as of December 2016), meaning that the percentage of women at the top of the Fortune 500 has been holding steady at 4.8%.

http://fortune.com/2016/12/22/female-fortune-500-ceos-2017/

Only on a white male dominated forum could someone craft a narrative that white males are victims in the United States.  In academia when everyone shows up and takes the same test women destroy men but once you get out of college and have to deal with the white male old boys club they are relegated to a rounding error.  Is anyone else shocked by this statistic?  Does anyone look at that statistic and think to themselves "boy white males are really getting screwed"?  Does anyone look at that statistic and think "man I need to send a company wide memo because my white male feelings are hurt"?

And I like the little hidden affirmative action program going on at universities (except all girl schools) that gives males of every race a nice boost while holding women back.  Isn't if funny how the Google crybaby and none of the males on this forum have EVER complained about that?  I wonder why they haven't?  Ladies do you have any theories?

I searched the web and I didn't see the Google crybaby crying about the global warming, children without adequate healthcare, the plight of migrant workers, the heroin epidemic or a thousand other things.  But he had to set the world on fire and hire a lawyer because some chicks and one black guy had a diversity meeting at Google.  Wow.  Priorities.  Says a lot about the guy.

18 minutes ago, jcs said:

appears you focused on the political aspect of the source of the information and implied that the poster of said information has a neuroses (mental illness)? If, so what is your goal?

The term "Guardian Reader" is often used to describe a "champagne socialist". The sort of person who happily debates social inequality over a glass or two whilst warming in front of an Aga in their £500,000 kitchen renovation.

The sort of person who might make a mini doc about the homeless on their personal Red in the hope of changing social attitudes.

Not something to be taken too seriously...

43 minutes ago, Damphousse said:

Yes, there is a reason we are here at EOSHD.  There are plenty of multibillion dollar international news organizations who have millions of dollars of camera equipment and yet we have to come to EOSHD to get the real news about cameras.  MSM outlets don't cover topics in depth or in a nuanced fashion.  Not for cameras and certainly not for complex things like gender and race.

Having said that I think Google did the right thing running this guy off.  The battles we choose to fight say a lot about us.  This guy is a privileged white male probably making six figures and yet this is his big complaint?  Good thing he wasn't born black... or with a vagina.  He would have committed suicide by now.  The guy is a cry baby.

I agree we should all try and get along but really we can't waste our time coddling people like this.  Here are some statistics...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/07/30/achieving-perfect-gender-balance-on-campus-isnt-that-important-ending-private-colleges-affirmative-action-for-men-is/?utm_term=.ba2da2754dce

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/41928806/ns/business-us_business/t/men-falling-behind-women/#.WaRl0MaQy71

http://fortune.com/2016/12/22/female-fortune-500-ceos-2017/

Only on a white male dominated forum could someone craft a narrative that white males are victims in the United States.  In academia when everyone shows up and takes the same test women destroy men but once you get out of college and have to deal with the white male old boys club they are relegated to a rounding error.  Is anyone else shocked by this statistic?  Does anyone look at that statistic and think to themselves "boy white males are really getting screwed"?  Does anyone look at that statistic and think "man I need to send a company wide memo because my white male feelings are hurt"?

And I like the little hidden affirmative action program going on at universities (except all girl schools) that gives males of every race a nice boost while holding women back.  Isn't if funny how the Google crybaby and none of the males on this forum have EVER complained about that?  I wonder why they haven't?  Ladies do you have any theories?

I searched the web and I didn't see the Google crybaby crying about the global warming, children without adequate healthcare, the plight of migrant workers, the heroin epidemic or a thousand other things.  But he had to set the world on fire and hire a lawyer because some chicks and one black guy had a diversity meeting at Google.  Wow.  Priorities.  Says a lot about the guy.

While I agree he should have been fired for legal reasons, especially since Google is being sued by for gender discrimination by women, his memo was matter of fact, as would be written by an engineer working to solve a problem from his point of view. Without name calling or directly inflammatory behavior. In other words, except for perhaps some legal mistakes, he appeared to try his best to be professional and provide solutions to the issues as he saw them.

What white male dominated forum crafted a narrative that white males are victims in the US?

The whole gender narrative as being run by the MSM appears to be part of a divide and conquer strategy. While everyone should be treated equally with kindness and respect, everyone is not equal in ability. Perhaps the best way to deal with unfair discrimination is to make all the related data public so it can be analyzed in an objective, non-divisive manner. From which fair and maintainable solutions can be developed. Again, referencing the Alan Watts video on money and machines, at which point machines can provide a good life for everyone, all these divisive issues can go away.

I ignored MSM messaging and instead read what he wrote (and as noted took a while to find it). Instead of calling him names, what exactly in what he wrote is problematic, from your own perception, not what MSM is pushing?

21 minutes ago, Snowfun said:

The term "Guardian Reader" is often used to describe a "champagne socialist". The sort of person who happily debates social inequality over a glass or two whilst warming in front of an Aga in their £500,000 kitchen renovation.

The sort of person who might make a mini doc about the homeless on their personal Red in the hope of changing social attitudes.

Right on. What does that have to do with AI & data mining? I knew there was a risk of distraction posting a link from a political source. I picked the first one from search results, not biased for the source either way: https://www.google.com/search?q=robert+mercer+data+mining 

Here are more sources, the point is AI & dating mining, not the political aspects of the sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambridge_Analytica

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/03/27/the-reclusive-hedge-fund-tycoon-behind-the-trump-presidency

http://www.newsweek.com/2017/06/16/big-data-mines-personal-info-manipulate-voters-623131.html

It's challenging to find a source without a known political bias label. Ideally we read what is written and think for ourselves to try to find truth from many different sources.

This is another example of political polarization causing distraction from deeper issues that need more attention.

1 hour ago, Snowfun said:

Right on. What does that have to do with AI & data mining? I knew there was a risk of distraction posting a link from a political source. I picked the first one from search results, not biased for the source either way: https://www.google.com/search?q=robert+mercer+data+mining&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS508US508&oq=robert+mercer+data+mining&aqs=chrome..69i57.4774j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Here are more sources, the point is AI & dating mining, not the political aspects of the sources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambridge_Analytica

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/03/27/the-reclusive-hedge-fund-tycoon-behind-the-trump-presidency

http://www.newsweek.com/2017/06/16/big-data-mines-personal-info-manipulate-voters-623131.html

It's challenging to find a source without a known political bias label. Ideally we read what is written and think for ourselves to try to find truth from many different sources.

Another example of political polarization causing distraction from deeper issues that need more attention.

Here's on online demo of psychometrics being used to read social media based in AI and big data: https://applymagicsauce.com/demo.html (try pasting some of your posts into this system and see how AI analyzes you and others).

43 minutes ago, Snowfun said:

Whilst it's true that "Guardian Reader" has been used to describe reasonably well off people with a leftist view point, usually by right leaning Daily Mail readers (now that really is a rag that shouldn't be taken seriously), it is actually a paper that should be taken seriously. It is one of the few papers still doing serious investigative journalism not only in the UK, but all over the world.  It of course has opinion pieces, some of more value than others, but in general they are well written and use reason to back up their arguments whether you agree with them or not. It's not perfect by any means but much better than the majority of media out there. The idea that all mainstream media is bad is a dangerous concept. One must learn to analyse the information and reporting provided and then decide how far you should trust them. 

Of course institutions can change. Here in Spain El Pais used to be one of the world's leading papers but it has lost it's way a bit recently.

Anyway, I vote John Pilger.

4 minutes ago, Thpriest said:

Whilst it's true that "Guardian Reader" has been used to describe reasonably well off people with a leftist view point, usually by right leaning Daily Mail readers (now that really is a rag that shouldn't be taken seriously), it is actually a paper that should be taken seriously. It is one of the few papers still doing serious investigative journalism not only in the UK, but all over the world.  It of course has opinion pieces, some of more value than others, but in general they are well written and use reason to back up their arguments whether you agree with them or not. It's not perfect by any means but much better than the majority of media out there. The idea that all mainstream media is bad is a dangerous concept. One must learn to analyse the information and reporting provided and then decide how far you should trust them. 

Of course institutions can change. Here in Spain El Pais used to be one of the world's leading papers but it has lost it's way a bit recently.

Anyway, I vote John Pilger.

While Newsweek is Left, this is a good article on AI and data mining: http://www.newsweek.com/2017/06/16/big-data-mines-personal-info-manipulate-voters-623131.html. If you read the comments it upset some Rights. I found this https://applymagicsauce.com/demo.html from the Newsweek link and it's pretty cool (try it on some of your own and other's posts. Possibly a useful learning tool to be more persuasive and/or better understand where a person is coming from).