Zhongyi Lens Turbo Canon EF MFT - adapting and adapter onto an adapter

Michal Gajdoš

Hey guys, 

Need a help, has anyone had experience with adapting adapter (m42, olympus om) onto a lens turbo / speedbooster (zhongyi canon ef to mft) ? The reason why I am asking, is that i would save costs by buying just one speedbooster (130 euros) for canon EF mount, and then just simply add a dumb adapter onto it of my choosing like the olympus om (there are no cheap speedboosters for olympus om) or m42. I just dont know if the optics allow this. 

p.s. what is your favorite adapted bunch of lense for mft ? canon fd ? minolta md? m42 ? 

Thanks for your answers

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have the Zhongyi Lens Turbo II for Canon EF to mFT and then use a cheap Nikon F to Canon EF adapter to put my Nikons on the GH5. Did exactly the same before with a Zhongyi Lens Turbo II for Canon EF to Sony E when I had the A6300.

Sure, for example I like to adapt Contax Zeiss lenses, so you'd put the C/Y to EF adapter on an EF to M4/3 focal reducer and Bob's your uncle. Same for Leica R or the things you and others mentioned.

I do have a Nikon to M4/3 Metabones XL in addition to the Zhongyi EF Lens Turbo. Because the Metabones in EF is rather expensive and I have no need for the electronic interface that is implemented. The Nikon mount itself however is a little less flexible in terms of other mount types you can adapt to it (you might be able to do Leitax mount swaps or use adapters with optic elements, but not ideal). EF remains the winner there. But, I do have a lot of Nikon glass anyways, so it allows for direct mounting. You might encounter a bit more play in your set-up when working with multiple adapters... or that you can't focus to infinity or something anymore. Very tight tolerances there, but as a cheap solution it works.

I use a number of OM. M42 and Pentax K/KA lenses with thin ring adaptors on an EF to FX focal length reducer. I used to do the same with a Metabones EF to M4/3 Speedbooster XL. As @Cinegain says - with some lenses you won't get infinity focus, on others you will. On my Tamron Adaptall 70-210 f3.5 Pentax KA fit, for instance, infinity focus is slightly before where it should be on the focus ring.