The Diopter Thread.

Tito Ferradans

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've got this one & if i'm not mistaken i think it is about +1.6 - its a very good buy & cheap to boot!

Bioskop, I think you mean the 62mm one, that`s +1.6 and achromatic. The 72mm are usually +1, and both are still quite cheap.

I was told its not an acrobatic one :)

That's it. From now on, I'm never writing achromatic again. Just acrobatic. It's muuuch more apropriate, and enhances their quality and performance! hahahahahahaha :D

• 2 weeks later...

ok what about diopter for one of those big projection lenses? where front lens is like 101 mm in diameter or across any ideas how to mount a diopter on them? i was thinking or was told 82mm-72mm step down ring then mount the diopter to the ring.

Enny,

If you say the front measures 101mm you should get one as big as you can to cover as much glass as possible. I believe the front glass element is a bit smaller than 101, but you're in trouble! Covering the glass is essential to avoid (more) vignetting, so I'd suggest an 86mm diopter kit, one of the cheapest options:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280923300445

You just gotta find a way to attach it to the front of the lens. If you're saying that it already has an 82mm thread, then you should go with 82mm diopters. A cheap kit too.

By what you said in the message, you should be fine with a +1 and +2, for closer focus. I'll update the first post with feet measurements, but for now, the math for maximum focus is:

S = diopter strength (+0.5, +0.6, +1, +2, etc)

MaxFm = maximum focus distânce, measured here in METERS

MaxFm = 1 / (S)

or, for feet measures:

S = diopter strength (+0.5, +0.6, +1, +2, etc)

MaxFf = maximum focus distânce, measured here in FEET

MaxFf = (3.3 / S)

A +2 diopter maximum focus distance is about 1.5ft, and a +1 gets to 3ft.

Check the first post to get a better explanation about this math part. You'll never have any more trouble finding out which strength works best for you. :)

Got a tip from a friend!

Kodak Retina TII/60 are 60mm diopters, single element, +0.25.

Pretty common on ebay, and cheap too. Take yours before they disappear! :)

From the Kodak Retina Reflex Manual :
The 135 mm. lenses can also focus on distances nearer than 14 ft.
For this purpose a TII/60 supplementary is used for close-ups between about 13 and 7 ft

• 4 weeks later...

Got an interesting diopter. It is a B+W 0.5, 67mm. Found it on ebay, looks brand new (from a camera store), but quite old. I cannot find any documentation of it's existence, even on the B+W website. Maybe some of you know about it, but new to me. Now I just have to get the anamorphic lens to test it out, but I am hoping it should be good, considering the brand.