The Diopter Thread.

Tito Ferradans

• 1 month later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hello everybody, I'm selling a couple of diopters. They are all in good shape (Tokina and Tamron nos). 

- 72mm Kaiser +1

- 72mm Pallas (made in Japan) +1

- 67mm B+W 0.5

-55mm Kenko achromat 0.0

-72mm Tamron (threaded!) 0.5

-72mm Tokina 0.5

I don't have a clue about pricing. I consider Tito's list from page one outdated?! So just drop me a line when you are interested.

diopter.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I found a set of 46mm +0.25 and +0.5 dpts close up lens on ebay if anyone needs that: ebay.de

I ordered the same in Series 8 size (https://www.apotelyt.com/photo-accessory/series-filters) I think their outer diameter is about 63mm but they are not threaded, it'll probably be to small for my lens so I might sell them in the next few days, PM me if you're interested. 

I sourced an optician that can provide me a +0.25 diopter 65mm glass element but I have no idea how I could attach that to my lens, any one has experience with custom glass element holder / clamp ?

Hi everyone, i'm having a hard time distinguishing between the many types of closeup lens attachements. I have an aivascope anamorphic adaptor with an 82mm front thread. It focuses to about 1m away, but I would love to have an adaptor to do extreme closeup macro shots (within 1') of the lens.

I've seen closeup lens filters for as little as $3 all the way to $200 for the Hoya set, all claiming to do the same thing. Can anyone explain why there is such a variance in price? Is there nothing available for around $50 that will do the trick well enough?

5 hours ago, 026163 said:

Hi everyone, i'm having a hard time distinguishing between the many types of closeup lens attachements. I have an aivascope anamorphic adaptor with an 82mm front thread. It focuses to about 1m away, but I would love to have an adaptor to do extreme closeup macro shots (within 1') of the lens.

I've seen closeup lens filters for as little as $3 all the way to $200 for the Hoya set, all claiming to do the same thing. Can anyone explain why there is such a variance in price? Is there nothing available for around $50 that will do the trick well enough?

http://www.tferradans.com/blog/?p=7282

Here's some info on the price/quality variance

• 4 months later...

A very short extension tube turns ONLY your spherical lens into a macro one.
The anamorphic adapter is an entirely independent optical block and therefore is not affected by it.

If you put a diopter in front of the entire setup (assuming it's properly focused, meaning: you can get a sharp image from it), then it acts globally.