Gh5 2.0 firmware (unconfirmed)

ntblowz

http://www.43rumors.com/fake-real-image-claims-show-new-gh5-firmware-2-0-features/#disqus_thread

no 400mbps yet, I have a feeling they might release it next month when v60 v90 are in stock

though it does have quite a lot of improvement and fix liked improved Video AF, tripod IS mode for static handheld shooting, new IS mode for anamorphic as currently after desqueeze it's a bit wonky, fix wb can randomly change even if it set to custom (I had that happened to me, my director was asking did the wb just changed?) 

but then again it's from an unknown source so taken with salts for now

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, mercer said:

Well, since the EVA1 isn't getting the 400mbps at release, I fear the GH5 may not get it for awhile. 

But we'll see. I am really looking forward to that update. The footage should look insanely good. 

Hey Glenn, have you seen my last post on GH5 footage from Atomos coupled with?

That's my fav cinema camera...

58 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Hey Glenn, have you seen my last post on GH5 footage from Atomos coupled with?

That's my fav cinema camera...

I just watched it. Yeah that looks great. Nice highlights. I love the early shot of the sun's reflection in the puddle. 

That guy is really talented. He shot one of my favorite a7s videos as well. But I still think that Martin Wallgren may have some of the best GH5 footage. But his footage always looks great... no matter the camera...

And I really like ntblowz screengrab from his Last Airbender film. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the 400mbps will be for a codec where every frame is recorded individually ( not made up of parts from frames either side) and thus the overall compression ratio will be higher than with the current  150mbps codec where it stores only certain frames fully and interpolates the inbetween ones. Thus there is no guarantee therefore that the images will look better with 400mbps due to higher compression. It may look better for motion?

3 hours ago, Shirozina said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the 400mbps will be for a codec where every frame is recorded individually ( not made up of parts from frames either side) and thus the overall compression ratio will be higher than with the current  150mbps codec where it stores only certain frames fully and interpolates the inbetween ones. Thus there is no guarantee therefore that the images will look better with 400mbps due to higher compression. It may look better for motion?

The GH4 has a high bitrate intra option. Most concluded it was worse than the 100 Mbps H264.

On 8/14/2017 at 10:11 PM, ntblowz said:

tripod IS mode for static handheld shooting

We'll see how that goes.  I don't dislike Panny's IBIS, but I don't love it either.  It drifts a bit.  Not bad for some things, frustrating for others.  You need to engage digital stabilization to settle any sort of handheld jitters above a focal length of 25mm.

BTW, I often use a OIS 14-140 Panny lens which activates the tandem "dual" OS-IS stabilization when turned on...not that impressive, tbh.