The Fuji X-Pro2 IS getting 4K!

Mattias Burling

• Super Members

I love this camera. I even sold my X-T2 to buy it.
And honestly, I much prefer using it for video over the X-T2 (mostly because of no need to switch drive mode).
And that was despite not having a tilt screen or 4K.

Well, soon it will be one less drawback.
http://www.fujirumors.com/major-fujifilm-x-pro2-kaizen-firmware-update-will-add-4k-video/

To bad Ive sold it ;) 

PS.
Speaking of Fuji listening to polls on rumor sites,

"..In fact, it was your feedback and negative poll results, that killed the monochrome X-Pro1.."

What a big f...ng shame. I would have soooo bought that.
I loved my Leica M Monochrome but couldn't justify it when I also shoot film.
Something more fuji priced would have been sweet.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

I agree with you, it should have been in there from the beginning.
But I forgot what we decided Canoning was exactly, besides making stuff that works as advertised. At least it isn't Sonying ;) 

Maybe they wanted to clearly segment it to the X-T2. And now when the dust has settled they can add it without loosing the customers that already bought both.
I think a 4K X-Pro2 from the beginning would also have stopped many from going the X-T2+X100f route.

7 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Maybe they wanted to clearly segment it to the X-T2. And now when the dust has settled they can add it without loosing the customers that already bought both.
I think a 4K X-Pro2 from the beginning would also have stopped many from going the X-T2+X100f route.

This is exactly the reason and it should anger their customer. They should've just released both cameras at once, 4K on both.

• Administrators

Oooo better hold onto mine, was about to let it go. Have the X-T20 now and it does pretty much everything the X-T2 and X Pro 2 do with no 4K crop.

But I much prefer the lightness and ergonomic niceness of the good old X Pro 2.

• Super Members

17 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

But I much prefer the lightness and ergonomic niceness of the good old X Pro 2.

I agree, its my favorite interchangeable lens Fuji of all time. Very nice and intuitive. Gets out of the way.

Plus it made me look pretty cool on the cover of a newspaper this weekend ;)

tidning.jpg

• Super Members

It was about mee and Instagram. I think the interest for the town's paper is that Im as far as I know one of only two frequent street shooters around here. I guess they picked me because I have alot of followers and my youtube.

I got three full pages + cover which is flattering :)

The picture was really cool. On my Instagram from just a few days ago there is a picture from me of the guy when he is about to take it. Pretty Meta..

He used an A7 and a vintage Minolta zoom. Bought after watching my videos..

He also handheld a cheap china flash in a soft box. Focusing was an issue but he nailed it in three tries :)

• Administrators

Very cool. You're famous now, I hope the dog made it into the article as well.

The Minolta zooms are great. I have the 24-70mm F2.8 which works on Sony A-mount and the 35-70mm F3.5 which has a very three dimensional feel but as it is MD mount goes on the A7S II not the A99 II.

How are you getting on with the Fuji X-T20?

• Super Members

She sure did. Last winter the other local paper did a similar article but with the dog on the cover :)

Minoltas are just awesome. Any camera I put their old 50mm on is always just so sweet. Have a couple of zooms to. Even the slower once are nice.

I haven't started using it yet. But Im gonna cover the European equine championships with it next week. Not the competition, Im following the veterinarians. Mostly stills but also video. So straight into the deep end :)

2 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Cool, go for the deep-end!! Can confirm the X-T20 is a beast

4k-x-t20-hair.jpg

Here's a 4K frame... Lovely codec and colour... Super detailed.

Well, it seems almost criminal to put in such a nice frame grab and not mention anything about how you got those awesome colors...Was this with one of the film simulations on?  What lens?  Do tell...I'm thinking of going smaller than my NX1 rig and this is one of the cameras I'm looking into (TX20)...

• Super Members
45 minutes ago, Aussie Ash said:

Fujifilm have also announced they are releasing Xmount versions of their cine lenses by the end of this year.

Perhaps there is  more video oriented body in the pipeline ???

That is already 99% confirmed. Its supposedly called the X-T2s.
It will have in body stabilization. Suspect with some digital enhancement, but still cool.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, timmyturntable said:

Well, it seems almost criminal to put in such a nice frame grab and not mention anything about how you got those awesome colors...Was this with one of the film simulations on?  What lens?  Do tell...I'm thinking of going smaller than my NX1 rig and this is one of the cameras I'm looking into (TX20)...

Allow me to decriminalise myself!

Classic Chrome

Highlight Tone -2

Shadow Tone -2

Color + 2

Sharpness -4

No colour grading in post on that shot.

Lens is the Fuji 23mm F1.4.

3 hours ago, Aussie Ash said:

Fujifilm have also announced they are releasing Xmount versions of their cine lenses by the end of this year.

Perhaps there is  more video oriented body in the pipeline ???

With the release of an X mount for their Mini Primes, Veydra's also showing confidence in Fuji video.