Creative Commons music licensing for a film questions

manueldomes

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum for my query, but I assume there are some people here knowledgeable on all things CC and copyright :)

So we shot a short film containing, besides the original score, parts of two tracks licensed under the CC-BY-NC license, with one license having a share alike (SA) provision. 

I'm pretty confident that the non-commerical bit is fine, considering that it's a deliberately wide definition -- if, in the future, the film becomes commercially viable, we will contact the license holders to obtain commercial licenses. 

My first question regards the ShareAlike provision (defined as "If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original."). The track in question has some minor sound design (to simulate a small speaker and room environment) but is otherwise unchanged. I'd argue that this is not a remix or transformation in the sense of the provision, but I might be wrong, and would like to make sure. 

Secondly, what is CC's understanding of "You must provide a link to the license"? Are they referring to the URL of the license in question directly on the CC page?

Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Your sound design is a transformation according to the license, so that means that you must make your sound file available under the same license. It is sufficient if you provide the file upon request (let's say by E-Mail); you don't have to upload it to a server.

All CC licenses have a logo and a short text for inclusion in the imprint of publications (such as books and records); you should include these in the closing credits of your film.

2 minutes ago, cantsin said:

Your sound design is a transformation according to the license, so that means that you must make your sound file available under the same license. It is sufficient if you provide the file upon request (let's say by E-Mail); you don't have to upload it to a server.

All CC licenses have a logo and a short text for inclusion in the imprint of publications (such as books and records); you should include these in the closing credits of your film.

Thanks for the specific responses. So, meaning, we don't need to make the whole film available under the same license, just be able to provide the sound file? That's a relief...

Actually, you need to make the film available under CC ShareAlike. Here's the info from the Creative Commons website:

"ShareAlike music being used as the soundtrack to a video. This is one explicit requirement of the SA licenses, which provide that all synching of SA-licensed music with other content creates an adaptation. In these instances, the resulting video must be under a ShareAlike or compatible license."

https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/ShareAlike_interpretation