Iscorama 1968 tight focus

Rob Bannister

I got mine relube by by the guys at DSO, it was fast and their rate is fine but I got raped at customs for import they wouldnt recognize it was just being repaired....but its silky smooth and they did the close focus mod ith a new stopper while they had it too!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I'd do it if it was local. I tried to do the close focus mod myself, but couldn't get the ring off, even with rubber gloves!

I'd like to hear about the new stopper, in the close focus mod thread someone was saying a new stopper wouldn't be

possible.

Awesome thanks Rob! Hopefully Rich will chime in on how he secured that stopper. This would be a great temp alternative to the vandeimen mod to tide me over.

Mine is at Van Diemen at the moment - and I wouldn't advise on sending it to them - unless you can do without it for at really loooong period.

I was quoted 60 days, and that time frame was exceeded 90 days ago. So they have had it for 150+ days now. I've contacted them several times, and everytime there is a new issue - metalwork, anodising, not enough parts etc. The last time I checked, I was told it would be done on the 12th this month. Now they're a part short, and because of holidays - that will mean a further delay.

So if im lucky - I will have it back sometime in August. Unless the only guy who can assemble it breaks his arms - and with my luck... Who knows?

I know it will probably return super über cool, and function a lot better than before, checked from a to z, but it's the huge delay that nags me, and not knowing when it will return. So be warned - updates, deadlines and customer care - doesn't seem to be among their forces.

remember tommy a long time ago i told you some info about time and promises above all bad excuses.
you are in the time vortex 8 months 10 months.
paying up front speeds the process up
not.
i told ya so all those months ago.
just sayin

never believe a man that has your money and your iscorama.

as my dad once never said to me.

son dontes you ever let a man 

hold yer balls and yer wallet at the same time.

WELCOME 2

diemonland

you have entered the time loop into the infinite.
some people die waiting i hope your young and spunky : )
time runs but in vandiemen land it is still.

remember tommy a long time ago i told you some info about time and promises above all bad excuses.
you are in the time vortex 8 months 10 months.
paying up front speeds the process up

Yeah, but the problem was, that you told me 3 weeks after I shipped the lens out :)

Before I picked Van Diemen Lenses to do the rehousing, I Google'd around, and couldn't find any negative remarks, reviews etc. All was, they're super cool, nice work and so on. Mostly on Cooke and Leica things, and the few things I could find on the ISCO was looking real good, and people talked well about their work - so I couldn't see any arguments against sending the lens for a rehousing.

I hope more people would write about experiences with companies like Van Diemen, camerashops etc - so that you have an idea about what to expect.

I've actually only heard of one person who has gotten their isco back. I really want it done and could deal with 60 days, but a year is madness. Hopefully as they get more requests they will improve their workflow and turn around time though. As far as I know they are the only game in town re-housing them though so....

one repair guy with 80 cooke and leica lens to convert 2 pl mount a constant stream of other optics turning up no job ever turned away.

zero turnaround improvement.

if 12 months was put on the web site nobody would send stuff in.

this mr mystery who got his back quick i do not believe it.

get  him on here to talk of all things time.

no sorry to much pain.

i always thought mr wonders clip looked soft.

any rehouse company needs at least 3 people working for them doing rebuilds if not you wait long time.

i have a couple of rough iscos that i am sending to bernie at 16.9 he will turn them around in 3 weeks.

no rehousing but will make them the best they can be.

even sent him loose stuff in boxes that he has repaired for me.

as i said vandiemen can work if you factor plenty time and do not pay to much cash up front.

I just got my m42 mount lens that came with my isco back from him. It squeaked when moving the aperture to 2.8 and now its just like new. The turn around was great and both Bernie and Julie are awesome. Not sure about the close focus but he may come up with something if you push him enough. It seemed like he was reluctant to do anything to the anamorphic attachment so I sent it to DSO after I had sent the other end to him.

Tomm

Mine is at Van Diemen at the moment - and I wouldn't advise on sending it to them - unless you can do without it for at really loooong period.

I was quoted 60 days, and that time frame was exceeded 90 days ago. So they have had it for 150+ days now. I've contacted them several times, and everytime there is a new issue - metalwork, anodising, not enough parts etc. The last time I checked, I was told it would be done on the 12th this month. Now they're a part short, and because of holidays - that will mean a further delay.

So if im lucky - I will have it back sometime in August. Unless the only guy who can assemble it breaks his arms - and with my luck... Who knows?

I know it will probably return super über cool, and function a lot better than before, checked from a to z, but it's the huge delay that nags me, and not knowing when it will return. So be warned - updates, deadlines and customer care - doesn't seem to be among their forces.

Tommy sorry to hear you are still waiting man, lets hope August is the month!

Oh nice, Bernie will do a good job, my taking lens was really stiff and squeaky, its really nice now. Let me know how it goes with the close focus, if your lens was like mine do a relube too if he is willing. That was what he seemed apprehensive about for some reason.

Yeh, I'm going to send him the pics of yours and Rich's instructions :)

He was apprehensive about re-lubing it?  my focus isn't tight (at least it feels fine to me) , but i'll get him to re-lube if he feels up to it.

Is lubing iscoramas a particularly dicey job or something?