GH5 with Nocticron and SLR Magic Anamorphot

DBounce

Just a quick review of my finding pairing the GH5 with a anamorphic run and gun setup. In this review I include some close up footage using the SLR Magic 1.8 diopter. So far this camera is proving to be quite interesting. It's small, well compared to my Canon, and extremely capable. I might go as far to say at this moment the GH5 is perhaps my favorite video camera. The grade is somewhat extreme, and I did murder the blacks, but it was the only way to get the high contrast grundy look I was going for. Opinion/advice all welcomed:grin:

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Nice edit and footage. So the Nocti is the pricey but exellent 42.5mm 1.2 Pana Leica lens? I couldnt hear your voice well, due to the louder background music.

Footage of the racing track and the racing kid looks especially nice. The framing on the womans face put her eyebrows and her lips too close towards

the upper and lower edges, in my opinion.  Nice achievement and showcase for your lens combos and GH5s image quality.

1 hour ago, PannySVHS said:

Nice edit and footage. So the Nocti is the pricey but exellent 42.5mm 1.2 Pana Leica lens? I couldnt hear your voice well, due to the louder background music.

Footage of the racing track and the racing kid looks especially nice. The framing on the womans face put her eyebrows and her lips too close towards

the upper and lower edges, in my opinion.  Nice achievement and showcase for your lens combos and GH5s image quality.

I'm happy you like the footage/edit. I never noticed the audio until later, probably as I had an AC running next to me. Framing was sort of adhoc. While it is a lot more challenging to use this setup, I really feel like it might be worth the effort to master it. Initially, I thought the SLR Magic was a gimmick, but I believe it does bring something extra to a production. The GH5 is a real gem. I'm loving it as a creative tool (the camera, not me... or maybe both?). The best ergonomics of any of the hybrid solutions that I have used to date. Can't wait to see what the new firmware will bring.