NX1 review and testing

andre2you

Hello All,

I have a quick question, all of the reviews that I have seen on the web seem to have been tested using an early version of the Samsung firmware.  Are there any reviews of the NX1 using the 1.4 firmware version and how would it stack up against the A7ii, a6500?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

One of the latest fw (I guess it was like 1.3 or so) improved by a large margin the buffer with fast SD cards. Also incremental improvements in AF performance can be found.

IMO the NX1 still stands in front of the two cameras you mention, for overall performance and features.

On 25.7.2017 at 6:39 PM, andre2you said:

One of the things I like about Sony is the eye-AF,  does anyone know how does the face detection compare between the Sony's and the NX1?

You cannot compare these two, the NX1 wins hands down, its using Samsung famous autofocus technology they put in their smartphones.
What happens is that the NX1 focuses after eyes, its got some extremely intellectual computing going on were it focuses after eyes, I done some insane shit with this camera and I never lost focus that it did not recover from quickly.