Why no one selling Lomo Cine Lenses and no one talk about them anymore? What do you think?

NewFilmMaker

It is getting harder and harder to find good condition Lomo OKC lenses. It used to be tons of them for sale couple years ago.....

Not only that, when I google them, there are no recent topics / posts anywhere?

Why no one selling Lomo Cine Lenses and no one talk about them anymore? What do you think?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I am pretty sure Duclos no longer service Lomo lenses (parts difficult to get & quoting on repair time and cost difficult).Here is a quote from Matthew Duclos back in 2009 when they were servicing them 

"Lomo lenses range quite a bit in age and style. Most of them being acquired were built in the 70's and a few from the 80's. This makes them nice and cheap and many people are taking advantage of that (good for you). But that doesn't change the cost of labor when servicing the lenses. Rob was right, it is costly to service Lomos. This is mostly due to their poor build quality. While servicing, the set screws tend to break off and require even more time to remove. Many of the components inside the Lomo lenses are hand made (not in a good way) and don't always fit correctly. Don't get me wrong, they are great lenses. But they are very costly to maintain. I'll give you an example... I just serviced a Zeiss 35mm MkIII Super Speed and billed the customer for 4 hour. 
I also recently serviced a Lomo anamorphic that we billed the customer 8 hours.
So... my point is, they are cheap to buy, but costly to maintain. And they do produce nice images ;)"

Original I want to collect a set of Kinor housing super speed lomo prime lenses, after looking around for 3-4 years, I realized that it is almost impossible. Once in a while, something may pop up, but way over price and the condition is not that good at all.....

I've seen quite a few pop up on eBay over the years. The best ones seem to have been lying around in Russia/Ukraine/Belarus/Poland for a while, before someone decides to sell 'em. So make sure sure to look internationally, not just EU/UK/US.

They are expensive to service, and build isn't ideal. Optically though, they are extraordinary. If I recall, at least some are copies of old arri/Zeiss designs from that era, and provide an incredible look for the money. 

@richg101 and/or @andy lee would be the best resources on the subject, as their lens knowledge puts mine to absolute shame.

Not only expensive to service, hard to find someone good enough to service them!

Back into 2009-2011, (before the mirrorless camera taking over Canon 5D & 7D) you can find a lot of nice & rare lomo lenses easily on Ebay, but now, nothing good is showing up anywhere.

Which means people who purchased those lenses are keeping it, but in the mean time, hard to find sample footages or reviews?

11 hours ago, TheRenaissanceMan said:

They are expensive to service, and build isn't ideal. Optically though, they are extraordinary. If I recall, at least some are copies of old arri/Zeiss designs from that era, and provide an incredible look for the money. 

@richg101 and/or @andy lee would be the best resources on the subject, as their lens knowledge puts mine to absolute shame.

Andy Lee has been too busy unfortunately to share some of his great findings about lenses lately. Would be awesome, if Rich could chime in on this topic and

the case of maintaining and servicing Lomo Cine optics. So, @richg101, @andy lee, calling you a second time in this thread.

By the way, Andy, any teaser footage of your film "Pandora"?

Here is a test from "Vintage Lenses for Video"

"LOMO OCT19 75mm T2.2 Russian Cine Lens, which happens to be my first ever 4K video as well and what a great lens to kick off the 4K tests with. The whole video was shot wide open and even in 4K, this lens is super sharp. Flares are out of this world and bokeh is super smooth and painterly. As you stop down this lens it gets even sharper and flares become more controlled, so it can give you both dreamy magic and superb performance in controlled lighting."

There is also a Lomo OKC cine Jupiter 9 85mm f2

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LOMO-OKC-Jupiter-9-f2-85mm-USSR-cine-camera-AKS-4m-770062-/272768288645?_trksid=p2385738.m2548.l4275

The price for the Lomo Anamorphics is getting more and more expensive, once in a while something will show up at reduser.net.

But the price for a set of 3 lomo anamorphic lenses usually will be higher than a set of brand new 6 Cooke miniS4/i cine lenses.........

And I will rather get the Cooke....

4 hours ago, NewFilmMaker said:

Trying to find a lens technician to service my lomo lenses & Bolex anamorphic lenses, any recommendations ?

If you are based in the EU, Will van Manen camera service in the Netherlands: https://www.kamera-service.info

Will and his partner Cathy are widely known as world-class repair technicians for analog photography equipment (here in the Netherlands, used cameras sell at a higher price if they come with the tag "serviced by Will van Manen"). Had two Cooke Kinetals serviced by them a few months ago (and a Zeika Nominar 25mm/f0.95 a few years ago), with splendid results.

15 hours ago, cantsin said:

If you are based in the EU, Will van Manen camera service in the Netherlands: https://www.kamera-service.info

Will and his partner Cathy are widely known as world-class repair technicians for analog photography equipment (here in the Netherlands, used cameras sell at a higher price if they come with the tag "serviced by Will van Manen"). Had two Cooke Kinetals serviced by them a few months ago (and a Zeika Nominar 25mm/f0.95 a few years ago), with splendid results.

Thanks, I heard about him before, but I thought they only service film camera ?

13 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Not my glass, even though, I have one unit in my arsenal : ) but it is written in the description. Roundfront 50mm.

The price for lomo anamorphic prime lenses are going higher and higher, also almost impossible to find latest model in good condition........

12 minutes ago, NewFilmMaker said:

The price for lomo anamorphic prime lenses are going higher and higher, also almost impossible to find latest model in good condition........

Here's another one. No idea if Round or Square Front versions... I guess Round front but it surely is a Lomo anamorphic 50mm lens behind that outcome 'too' as posted there:

To me, this is the best combo out there. No other camera offers that in such price and versatility range.