Small HD DP4 Still Legit in 2017? vs IKAN DH5

Juxx989

Hey all I have been using a BestView S7 4k Monitor and its great for what I paid($100)... best if you in a location with power...it is not at all usable moving around much...

I have upped my budget to around $250 Max for a portable outdoor solution 

I have been shopping around for used stuff and have found 3  that look interesting

SmallHD DP4 w/ Loupe- This looks great can monitor and evf in same package but its like 2013? tech...... is it outdated is there better options for the price?

Zacuto Flip EVF PRO- This looks sturdy but its only 3.5 inch and its from 2011 

IKAN DH5  (not the newer DH5e costs too much) This is fairly new 2016 and 5" I just wish it had a loupe option 

https://www.amazon.com/Ikan-DH5-Full-Monitor-Black/dp/B017QRUO96/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500124997&sr=8-2&keywords=ikan+dh5

Anybody have any thoughts or Ideas on the subject of the older monitors value vs new stuff @ $250 price point.   I was thinking that EOSHD was moving more toward pure pro $$$ gear..but Andy has recently restated that broke cheap bastards are welcome here (to some degree)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi Juxx I have the small HD with loupe. I've not used other monitors but judging from specifications it does seem a little dated in terms of the features. No scopes, native resolution 800x480, focus assist (rather than peaking).

At the time when I bought it my thinking was to shoot a short movie and I was looking into having a rig with cage and follow focus along with rods, so the loupe seemed to fit in with that theme. The dp4 with loupe mounted is quite big... Later I discovered that this style of filmmaking was not for me, I wanted something more agile, lightweight, run and gun style. I found that the monitor itself can still fit the bill, being relatively small in size at 4.3". It is a bit more real estate than the LCD screen that is built in to your average camera so I find that it does help with framing, and focus assist is good enough.

Wtf hell no avoid aputure monitors.  I had the fine hd vs2 and it was a pos.  

Even the bottom barrel feelworld fw759 is better.

Neway makes some ok stuff too.  

Search some of the other threads for good options.  If you have the money, used atomos can work too