My buggy NX1 - Wifi gone mad

SR

My NX1 (with firmware v.1.41) recently went crazy after being synced to my iPad with the latest update. (Wish I'd stuck to Android, it was working fine).

To sync it to the iPad, it turned out to be a little different from syncing to my android phone. I had to hold the Wifi button for a few seconds (with a sensible amount of force) before letting go, which turned on the wifi (2nd image).

Everything seemed fine and sync'ed but then that's when it went funky: the MoblieLink menu (1st image) kept coming up every few seconds (sometimes it'd go nuts and come up once a second). The frequency varies. And sometimes it starts connecting to wifi (2nd image) too. So this has become incredibly disruptive when I'm taking photos.

I've tried reinstalling the firmware, resetting completely thrice through the menu. Nothing's worked.

Can anyone help?

19866936_10159068015680158_1917892682_o.thumb.jpg.3956c78d8418437413b7a696510e1c15.jpg19859316_10159068015685158_1343697172_o.thumb.jpg.e39422f5750bb34b49eb18fbc90fe03b.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi SR, did you try taking the battery out for few minutes and try turning on without the battery? This should do the electric discharge (if any remaining).

Might there be some sort of damage due to keep pressing the WiFi button? Maybe the button stuck and still pressing automatically?

I have not faced the same issue, so can't give you exact solution.

20 hours ago, Saddam said:

Hi SR, did you try taking the battery out for few minutes and try turning on without the battery? This should do the electric discharge (if any remaining).

That worked really well! Thank you! Did a photo/video shoot today without a hitch. Hopefully it'll stay this way.

I'd tried taking the battery out for a day before trying again, but never turning it on whilst the battery was out. I didn't even wait longer than half a minute before putting it back on. Seems to have worked!

• 4 months later...

I have exactly the same problem. Been having it now on and of for over a year. Just tried taking out the battery and switching on (something I usually try without switching on and sometimes seems to help). Sometimes I can shoot several days without encountering it and then it would get sometimes so bad that I can no longer use the camera. I just tried the bove but after 5 minutes with the camera could reproduce. Any other suggestions?

Note that I don't think it is the button itself. The behavior cannot be simulated by pressing the button repeatedly as it will walk down the menu and select items. However it Always starts with the wifi menu.

I had this same problem, where the mobile menu would pop up every few seconds. It was just after I'd installed the hack, so I was worried I'd blown something up. I tried popping the battery, reinstalling the firmware, etc., but all to no avail. 

Took it to the Samsung service centre (a benefit of living in South Korea!), and it was actually the wifi button that had gotten a little sticky - a purely hardware issue. 

I remember trying the wifi button, and thinking it was maybe sticking, but just like you, Koen, it was difficult to reproduce that way. I think it was something a little farther inside