Resolve 14 Problem ?

Nicolas MAILLET

Hi,

i've just installed the free version of Resolve 14 and no problem with the installation but when i want to add medias from the media pool the software crashes...

My computer :

Windows 10

I7 3700K

16 GB RAM Corsair

Geforce GTX 580

SSD

No problem with every version before that...

Any one for a solution ? Any one in this case that solved the problem ?

Thx 4 all.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 hours ago, Nicolas MAILLET said:

Hi,

i've just installed the free version of Resolve 14 and no problem with the installation but when i want to add medias from the media pool the software crashes...

My computer :

Windows 10

I7 3700K

16 GB RAM Corsair

Geforce GTX 580

SSD

No problem with every version before that...

Any one for a solution ? Any one in this case that solved the problem ?

Thx 4 all.

I am using a GTX 570 and no problem to edit 4K in resolve, the issue is windows 10, it is just crap, I am using a hackintosh with El Capitan and windows 10 in the same machine,  in El Capitan i am always getting a better editing performance than crap windows, I suggest to remove daVinci and re-install it, most probably crap windows incorrectly installed the program the first time….. 

• 4 weeks later...

at home, i can run Resolve, open a project, see the timeline etc and when i'm going to pick a media up, it crashes without advertising... Simply crashes. On this computer i have some 5DIII RAW files, h264 files, RED RAW 4K DCI, some blackmagic files CDNG and prores, Panavision Genesys files, Sony F55 etc etc etc even Canon mxf files. No problem with previous versions of Davinci resolve...

The fact only happens with the Beta 14th version.

39 minutes ago, Nicolas MAILLET said:

at home, i can run Resolve, open a project, see the timeline etc and when i'm going to pick a media up, it crashes without advertising... Simply crashes. On this computer i have some 5DIII RAW files, h264 files, RED RAW 4K DCI, some blackmagic files CDNG and prores, Panavision Genesys files, Sony F55 etc etc etc even Canon mxf files. No problem with previous versions of Davinci resolve...

The fact only happens with the Beta 14th version.

Beta 14th has a lot of bugs…..next time I will wait for the real thing before upgrade….it has been really frustrating to deal with all these issues….never again!!!

2 minutes ago, sam said:

Also just saw your other thread where you mention overclocking.  Have you tried 14 with stock settings?  Pushing your overclock can also result in the symptoms you are experiencing.

Nope.

Stock settings. And never crashed at stock settings.

My overclocking is just from today... for fun, to see how the softwares react in better clock speeds... Premiere pro loves the boost clocked, but not the HT from Intel. This is what i conclude.

18 hours ago, Shirozina said:

What problems exactly?

It was randomly slipping in one frame from other parts of the clip. I started a thread on it in the resolve subforum on bmd's forum, then others mentioned the same issue as well as some owners of the a7s. Hopefully they fix it when it comes out of beta.

It's a beta version, so it's kinda expected to be buggy to some degree.

I have 12.5 on my desktop and 14 on my laptop (both Win10). A few days ago 14 crashed every time I tried to render out a video, but that was solved by rebooting the computer.

I'd say de-install, reboot and install it again.