SmallHD 7 Monitor

FilmMan

Finally bit the bullet and put my order in for the SmallHD AC7 inch LCD (cheaper version).  They have a bundle sale going on right now.  I paid $749.00.  http://www.smallhd.com/

I didn't go with the OLED.  Maybe I should have spent the extra $300 for the OLED?  But then again... http://www.extremetech.com/computing/148266-apple-ceo-blasts-oleds-as-inferior-tech-independent-research-shows-he-has-a-point

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Brellivids, I think that way all the time.  But that is the reality.  Many times, I  go the cheaper route and then regret my decision a lot of times too.  So for a few hundred bucks more I went the Smallhd route.   Everyone has been saying the Smallhd is quality.  Well, I received the AC7 tonight (I bought the package deal).  It looks to be of excellent build.  The "arm" that comes with this package deal,  is quality and not cheap.   I plugged the monitor into  my 1DC and it froze.  After thinking I got a dud or my camera is "f" up'ed I  removed the 1DC battery.  Turned off the SmallHd and unplugged the battery plate cable.  Put everything back together and all is good.  I started to play around taking a few shots.  Focusing is a awesome.  Don't have to squint and wrinkle my ugly face excessively anymore.  Will update as I learn - I am slow.   Still early for me.   Cheers.