NX1 Film

bmusikaudio

On 3/12/2018 at 1:51 AM, IronFilm said:

You could switch to 1080 just for a few shots if you know beforehand you'll have major rolling shutter issues in a particular scene 

You're probably right, but I hate upscaling to 2k, which is what I typically target for my output resolution in case my clients want to take their work to festivals. 2K is still the main theatrical standard with 4k projectors on the rise, which is probably why Arriflex stuck with that resolution for so long. It's a tradeoff, and I would consider lower resolution in fast paced scenes as opposed to that rolling shutter. 

Thankfully, the Ursa Mini is on it's way and I won't have to worry about so much pronounced rolling shutter, just my back instead. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 3/5/2018 at 1:41 PM, Matthew Hartman said:

I honestly don't know. I'm not sure what the reported dynamic range is on the A7III. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge of this model can jump on and help you out there. Also, I'd watch out for reports of battery life and heat dissipation. Hopefully, Sony has worked that out for all it's latest models going forward. 

From what I read it is suppose to be 15 stops.