Your greatest moments as a filmmaker.

Jonesy Jones

Aren't these the reasons we are all here to begin with?

Obviously we don't want to live in the past, but reflecting on these moments during leaner times is very helpful.

I would love to hear yours. Don't worry about being braggy, that's perfectly acceptable for this thread. However, maybe your greatest moment wasn't an impressive thing. Perhaps it was a subtle moment like filming an amazing scene, working with a terrific team, or being in an amazing place. Here's mine.

As some of you know, I finished my first feature film (and only feature to date) a couple years ago. I rented a small vintage theater for the premiere and we filled that thing up. The audience had a great time. There was an amazing buzz. It was a magical night. I'll never forget it. The journey to even just complete that film was a long and difficult one. That evening was like a trophy.

However, looking back, I think of the many days being on set. Long nights. Freezing mornings. Blistering hot days. It was super rough, but I cherished every second of it. It was special. And it took us well over a year to wrap production. And one evening shortly after production had ended, I sat at home, with some cinematic music playing in the background, looking at the amazing footage we had compiled. "We did it." That was my moment.

Just thinking about that experience again is getting me motivated. Please. Share yours.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs