Kinor 16 for the BMPCC?

slvs

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

They say it wont cover super 16 on short focuses distances. I have a Russian meteor 5-1 zoom and it has the same problem: vignetting appears on my nikon v1 when you focus closer than 3 meters at the widest zoom end (17mm). Also the official super 16 size (7.41mm x 12.52mm) its a bit bigger than the bmpcc sensor (7.02mm x 12.48mm) so... it might be OK??

The problem is that the only kinor16-m43 adapter costs 300$, which is more than the lens itself. If there were just a cheap chinese kinor-micro 4/3 I would be keen to buy and test...

I hear ya.  The reason I decided to go ahead and try was because even with the cost of the adaptor, the 12-120mm zoom + adaptor was still about half the price of a, say Angenieux 12-120mm c-mount, and the other primes I picked up for about $100 each were just gravy.  It was a calculated risk on my end, and if all else fails, I have some interesting lenses to have in my collection.. :)  Honestly, I think the 10mm end is going to vignette as the 12mm on mine just barely covers it and my 10mm prime does vignette (see the video).  Anyway, I might pick up the 10-100 this weekend if my budget allows for it (might have to skip on some meals, but whatever).  Although I sometimes think I need to just save the cash and get some super16 lenses instead and save the hassle altogether.

yeah mate, after hours checking forums and ebay the only thing i get is headache! And that is just to save a few euros. I can't help it... i'm always looking for the cheap, i always will!

your 12-120 looks clear enough at 12mm. Could you please check if it vignettes when you focus to say 1,5m? (btw.. what is the minimun focus distance?). the 12-120 is a bit faster than the 10-100 too, that's a bonus there. Do you think is sharp enough full open?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just as an aside, I now have 2 Kinor portcaps from both Raf Camera and ciecio7 to use with my Kinor 16 -> mft adapter.  Both are perfectly functional.  Raf's is a plain black knobby job, with logo stenciled on the knob, no-nonsense and utilitarian.  The ciecio7 is a little heavier and has a neat little "slot" screw for orientation, feels a little heavier, and the knob is quite a bit fancier.  If we want to use car analogies, the Raf is a Toyota or Honda, the ciecio7 is more like an lexus/acura, just a little more luxe.  Both will get the job done.

I'll try to put up some pics later.  

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have!

http://youtu.be/2NYmNkye3dI

In the video I used all my Russian arsenal:

- Kinor 16OPF-12-1 (10-100 zoom)
- Metor 5-1 (17-69 zoom)
- Mir11-M (12mm)
- Vega7-1 (20mm)
- Tair-41M (50mm)

The opening shot and a few more was shot with the kinor zoom. Mines reads "2.9" on the ring as the fastest aperture, but I've seen other units with "2.8" on them. I presume that is the T number rather than the F, maybe? Of course, the lens says "2.5" on the barrel, so I think it is still f2.5. Wide open is quite "bloomy", the highlight bloom quite a lot.

Anybody else using Kinors on the pocket?

• 2 months later...

I have!

http://youtu.be/2NYmNkye3dI

In the video I used all my Russian arsenal:

- Kinor 16OPF-12-1 (10-100 zoom)
- Metor 5-1 (17-69 zoom)
- Mir11-M (12mm)
- Vega7-1 (20mm)
- Tair-41M (50mm)

The opening shot and a few more was shot with the kinor zoom. Mines reads "2.9" on the ring as the fastest aperture, but I've seen other units with "2.8" on them. I presume that is the T number rather than the F, maybe? Of course, the lens says "2.5" on the barrel, so I think it is still f2.5. Wide open is quite "bloomy", the highlight bloom quite a lot.

Anybody else using Kinors on the pocket?

I like.  We may have discussed this before (maybe not?), but where did you get the adaptor for the Mir11-m? 

I just picked up the 15mm Kinor 16 glass, should be coming soon.  I think that rounds out the low end of kinor for me once I finally get a camera to shoot on.   I think (not sure) that the 15mm is the widest Kinor prime that won't vignette on the BMPCC.

I will say, that more and more I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and take a short vow of poverty and save up for a set of Elite or Optar Illuminas for S16.

• 2 months later...

Finally took my lenses/adapter up to Samy's on Fairfax over the weekend.  Confirmed vignetting on 6mm fisheye, 10mm, and even a smidge of it on the 15mm.  The 20mm and 25mm were both fine.  The 10-100mm is pretty bad until you reach the mid-ranges.  The 6mm definitely has a nice Terry Gilliam effect, though.

• 11 months later...