• Up to six channels of simultaneous recording
• High-definition audio of up to 24-bit/96kHz
• 6-in/2-out USB audio interface
• Over 20 hours of operation with 4 AA batteries
• Supports SDXC memory cards up to 128GB
• Optional Shotgun mic and external XLR/TRS inputs available

A video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuxzq20uduI

Will it be good? Well, it all depends on your tolerance for noise floor if the old H4n is anything to go by... I sold mine...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I saw this and immediately thought my DR-680 would have to soon make room, but yes if the H4N pre-amps are anything to go by then it's probably safe for a little while yet. Battery performance seems very impressive though at the very least; 20 hours on 4 x AAs?! Are these military-grade cells they're using?

It remains to be heard, too, but leaving microphone options aside, don't you think the Tascam DR-60D would be a better option for recording on-location sound?

Good form factor and controls by the looks of it, though my opinions are a little tainted by the experiences listed below:

I'v been needing an Audio recorder.. I'v been looking at the Tascam DR-100MkII but that Zoom H^ looks pretty beast, being able to switch between mic options (shotgun etc) would be a huge bonus for me. 

I had the H4n and DR100. The H4n did have better preamps and mics but was noisier. Plus the DR100 is really easy to use and has more sensible physical buttons, and remote control. The H4n was needlessly complex. I still have the DR100... just.

But it didn't sound as nice to me. Harsher top end, the kind of sibilant congestion associated with less-than-ideal AD conversion. Less 3D and more brittle. The built-in mics lose hands down as well. But it's just more practical so it was kept.

As long as this adresses a lot of the previous issues it could be a good bet, depending on price.

Good form factor and controls by the looks of it, though my opinions are a little tainted by the experiences listed below:

I had the H4n and DR100. The H4n did have better preamps and mics but was noisier. Plus the DR100 is really easy to use and has more sensible physical buttons, and remote control. The H4n was needlessly complex. I still have the DR100... just.

But it didn't sound as nice to me. Harsher top end, the kind of sibilant congestion associated with less-than-ideal AD conversion. Less 3D and more brittle. The built-in mics lose hands down as well. But it's just more practical so it was kept.

As long as this adresses a lot of the previous issues it could be a good bet, depending on price.

You can stretch the 24 bit files EQ a long way in post. I'm constantly shocked at the miracles performed in Adobe Audition.