Canon 6d mark 2 it´s official

Eduardo Granadsztejn

• Super Members
37 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I knew you would have a solution for that too. :) I probably won't be able to find what I need in Vietnam, but if it's under $50 or so, customs here shouldn't be able to rip me off too much. Not sure what happened, but my friend has some bluetooth device for listening to her phone on a speaker, so there might have been some interference. BTW, this isn't the first time not being able to monitor the audio has caused me headaches. I recorded a pretty long vlog, no way did I want to redo it, and when I listened to the audio during the edit, I realized there was a hum from the air conditioner, which I'd forgotten to turn off. So I'd strongly recommend monitoring audio. And yes, it's kind of chintzy of manufacturers to omit something that probably costs just a few pennies. If they sold a monitor that wasn't shiite here in VN that accepted 4K out, 5", 1280X720p, with a waveform scope, false color and a headphone jack, I'd use that, since I really can't use the crappy focus peaking on my G85 when shooting with my Voigtlander. I might take another trip abroad just to buy something like that.

The really annoying aspect to this is that Panasonic's image app does actually allow you to listen to the audio on your phone headphones when playing back a video but not while preparing or recording one.

So I guess that might be a half solution for you where you could just record a snippet and play it back using the app to do a quick check that there's nothing untoward.

With regard to your AC problem, Crumplepop make a good plugin for FCPX et al that is very effective at removing noise.

There are tons of stuff out there that does this stuff but the Crumplepop one does it without hours of twiddling !

Theres a demo of it here. Its $99 but I don't consider that to be outrageous for what its doing, particularly when dealing with a camera's own internal mic amps which aren't always exactly noise free.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This is way off topic now, sorry guys, but I just tested my videomic pro on the g85, it works fine, so it's not the camera. I also tried both Rodelink transmitters and receivers and I think I narrowed the problem down to one of the lav mics. Still testing to be absolutely sure. 

47 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

The really annoying aspect to this is that Panasonic's image app does actually allow you to listen to the audio on your phone headphones when playing back a video but not while preparing or recording one.

So I guess that might be a half solution for you where you could just record a snippet and play it back using the app to do a quick check that there's nothing untoward.

With regard to your AC problem, Crumplepop make a good plugin for FCPX et al that is very effective at removing noise.

There are tons of stuff out there that does this stuff but the Crumplepop one does it without hours of twiddling !

Theres a demo of it here. Its $99 but I don't consider that to be outrageous for what its doing, particularly when dealing with a camera's own internal mic amps which aren't always exactly noise free.

If I could listen to the recorded clip on the app, that'd be a good half way measure.

On 2017/7/5 at 9:33 PM, hmcindie said:

I see lots of complaining about headphone jacks. Do people use those? My a6300 doesn't have one and I've never plugged a headphone into one. Even when I'm using an external recorder, I just tend to look at the level monitors instead. But I always see that complaint everywhere, like people actually use them?

Of course,I use headphone for monitoring audio level and check if there is any bad BG nosie 

• 2 months later...

The Author of the text should cry a little bit less and read more on canons offical page.

The 6D line was NEVER made for videographers NEVER. Filming is just an additional function on this camera.

The aim of this camera is reaching people which want fullframe for photography but dont have the money for the 5D line nothing else.

So stop crying guys. canon never promised you to bring 4k on this camera never.

• 2 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:10 PM, jonpais said:

... but recording sound by just looking at the level meters is a bit like shooting video while just looking at the histogram. You've been lucky so far, just like those who've never had an SD card fail on them.

I want to come back to this as a sound recordist recently recorded some audio as a monomix (which basically made the sound recordings useless). You could see that the level meters weren't acting correctly (both channels were jumping up at the same time) but he couldn't hear the problem. He still monitored the audio with the headphones. That is an example of it going wrong the other way around and just looking at the levels would've told you the issue.

And that's why I rely on the audio level meters way more than the headphone outs (usually people have phones on that leak audio anyways from the set dialogue). The only thing headphones catch really well are obvious problems like scratching on wireless mics. And here I come back to my original point: headphone outs on DSLR / cameras with shitty preamps are basically useless anyway, they are more for show: "Look I'm using headphones!". You can sense the misunderstanding an all the posts that say "I wan't headphone outs on my DSLR's!" as they continue to record shitty audio.

This is mostly for indie productions were several people are doing roles meant for one. Of course, if you are just doing audio, yeah, hang on with those headphones.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2017 at 9:46 PM, hmcindie said:

I want to come back to this as a sound recordist recently recorded some audio as a monomix

Oh dear goodness, that guy is complete A Grade 110% useless idiot!

You can sense the misunderstanding an all the posts that say "I wan't headphone outs on my DSLR's!" as they continue to record shitty audio.

Headphone out is still very very useful even if you only occasionally check it, just so that you can catch any big muck ups. 

This is mostly for indie productions were several people are doing roles meant for one. Of course, if you are just doing audio, yeah, hang on with those headphones.

Even if you're juggling a few roles, you could still run the audio into one of your ears (to say catch big issues with the wireless), and leave the other ear open and free to communicate with other crew and the talent. 

Looks like Canon have been giving free ones out to some popular YouTubers who in response have been saying how great it is for a vlogging camera.

Strikes me as being rather expensive to get for vlogging. While it gives you a full frame sensor over the SL2/200D there aren't many full frame STM lenses for the quiet and smooth auto focusing. While it might work for those users for what they want, seems a bit disingenuous to be recommending it as the best option on the market.

51 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Looks like Canon have been giving free ones out to some popular YouTubers who in response have been saying how great it is for a vlogging camera.

Strikes me as being rather expensive to get for vlogging. While it gives you a full frame sensor over the SL2/200D there aren't many full frame STM lenses for the quiet and smooth auto focusing. While it might work for those users for what they want, seems a bit disingenuous to be recommending it as the best option on the market.

True, but I must admit that after watching Casey Neistat and Peter McKinnon’s videos with it, I was pretty impressed. When it hit $1249 for a refurbished model on the Canon store, it’s not a horrible choice with the better high iso performance it has over the 80D and SL2. Full frame with DPAF and articulating screen for under $1300 isn’t a bad deal for a hybrid camera... especially if you shoot a lot of photos.