Enabling 10bit raw video on the mini Canon 100D

Andrew Reid

Global Draw must be enabled in both the ML menu AND the MLV Raw Module menu. I got some really great looking footage today! Using Fuse is actually lagging a bit on my macbook and making the file transfer to my external hard drive move slow. Is there just a reliable mac software that will batch convert these 10 bit mlv files to cinema dng? Can't wait to edit this footage! 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
19 hours ago, Tim Olsen said:

Global Draw works great when I'm in live view preview, but as soon as I record, overlays go away. Not sure what's up. I'll keep messing with it. 

With the MLV module they go away if global draw is off (either in MLV menu or the main Global Draw ML menu)

With the RAW REC module (the classic one, no sound), it has the useful behaviour of keeping the 16:9 crop from Canon's live view in movie mode, even if you turn off global draw and shoot as if ML is in the background and you are using a normal Canon DSLR... In 1.85:1 mode, framing is close enough to the 16:9... But in 2.35:1 you really need global draw on to get accurate framing and of course in MLV Rec mode a 3:2 full screen is useful for nobody except anamorphic shooters on the 5D Mark III ;)