BenQ PD2700Q vs BenQ GW2765HT for video editing?

A Furry Peanut

Both of these monitors are roughly the same price, and have pretty much the same specs in terms of color accuracy for video editing, both are QHD 27" with 100% sRGB with 1.07 billion colors. However the PD is advertised as a creative monitor with accurate colors and 10-bit color depth while the other is not. The only difference in specs that I can see that would have a minor impact (if any) on my video editing is response time, which the cheaper GW has 4ms while the PD has a longer 12ms. So I'm just wondering why the PD is considered as a creative monitor while the GW is not, and which one is better for video editing. I'm open to other suggestions too if they are the same price or less. I am also planning on using iDisplay Pro to color calibrate the monitors out of the box, so their out of the color calibration isn't really an issue for me.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Any monitor is good for video editing you are just editing but color accurate monitor I would stay away from benq monitors for any color accurate work they simply are not accurate  if money is not an option i would get EIZO or FSI monitors these are the only two monitor brands you should be considering for any kind of color correction and grading workflow. Plus you will need calibration device to calibrate your monitor for color accurate work that is another ball game. PS if you are feeding your monitor via graphic card then your monitor will not be 10bit since your card is not 10 bit what you need is something like black magic mini or video card that supports 10 bit.

As above, stay away from Benq for colour accurate work, you can't calibrate broken monitor ;). Uniformity is much worse than in NEC's budget EA series. Unfortunately, for colour accurate work, monitors are expensive. Not only that, you also need to take care of your working environment. Proper colour accurate lighting, neutral colour walls, optimal light levels... You don't want your environment to affect how you see colours on the monitor, do you? So don't worry about it too much, unless you're going real pro and don't mind spending tons of money on it.