Field Monitor Alternative... COOL?

Juxx989

Looked interesting to me maybe will be to you as well.... Sorry if this is old news... New news to me!

Seems better than lugging a 7" monitor around... Now it just needs to record Prores  Looks like its been out for 6 months... any thoughts or experience with it or something similar?

Only $200 bucks with Amazon Iron Clad $30 day return policy a try may be in order.

https://store.vufine.com/collections/all

https://www.amazon.com/Vufine-Plus-Handsfree-Wearable-Display/dp/B01MZ89QXF/ref=pd_cp_23_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01MZ89QXF&pd_rd_r=1K6RNTXB0SJE6RKNZA0J&pd_rd_w=0YWvq&pd_rd_wg=GD61g&psc=1&refRID=1K6RNTXB0SJE6RKNZA0J

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

See here. My problem is, for a very special scene I need to be able to move the camera in direct, harsh sunlight. I'm very skeptic about the visibility of the upcoming smallHD Focus, and I think I will just keep the Cinemizer. To make it look less ridiculous, I spray-painted it matte black. It needs time to get used to, but with some practice I am now able to frame shots in very bright environments. 

The Vufine seems to have one problem: the right eye needs to focus to a fraction of an inch, whereas the left eye doesn't. Could be very difficult on the long run.  

6 hours ago, Axel said:

The Vufine seems to have one problem: the right eye needs to focus to a fraction of an inch, whereas the left eye doesn't. Could be very difficult on the long run.  

If there is a dioptre adjustment on the Vufine, then you can set it for distant focus, so both eyes are focusing at the same apparent distance

16 hours ago, KrisAK said:

Some reviews are up for the previous Kickstarter version:

https://www.amazon.com/Vufine-Inc-VUF-100-Handsfree-Wearable/dp/B01HY18A9U

There:

Just understand the video is of a quality of a 90's era VHS playback on a 20" tv. But it's enough fit what it's intended for.

That's exactly my experience with the Zeiss glasses, which allegedly have superior image quality compared to FPV competitors. One would wish them to allow complete immersion. With handheld camera, I prefer to use the EVF with headphones on, be isolated from the real world and just see and hear what my future audience sees and hears. It's not like this with glasses.