Let's talk about GH5 + Premiere Pro 11.1.2

Linus N

Hey fellow forumites!

As I'm sure all eager GH5 owners have seen, Adobe came out with version 11.1.2 of Premiere Pro CC with added support for GH5 10bit files. YAY! Or at least that was my facial expression until I got into Premiere only to realize my Program window only shows a zoomed view of the top left corner of my footage. Regardless of 1080p/4K footage, sequence resolution or other applied scaling the issue is there. Come on, Adobe... really?

I have no solution other than downgrading (again) to 11.0.X to get my files working "properly" again.

Curious what other people's experiences are, and if anyone has a solution for the top left crop.

For now I've moved this particular project over to Resolve 14 which handles the files just fine.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, Brother said:

Posted this in another thread:

"The only thing you have to turn on is the "High Quality Playback" setting. Once that is on you can select different playback resolutions like 1/8 and it will reduce the quality and it won't zoom in."

Found this in a Facebook group but haven't tried it yet.

Ooh! I'll give it a try after this House of Cards episode 

On 2017-6-16 at 0:25 AM, Linus N said:

Hey fellow forumites!

As I'm sure all eager GH5 owners have seen, Adobe came out with version 11.1.2 of Premiere Pro CC with added support for GH5 10bit files. YAY! Or at least that was my facial expression until I got into Premiere only to realize my Program window only shows a zoomed view of the top left corner of my footage. Regardless of 1080p/4K footage, sequence resolution or other applied scaling the issue is there. Come on, Adobe... really?

I have no solution other than downgrading (again) to 11.0.X to get my files working "properly" again.

Curious what other people's experiences are, and if anyone has a solution for the top left crop.

For now I've moved this particular project over to Resolve 14 which handles the files just fine.

No problem with the main monitor here but any footage at all (ie. not GH5 related) now appears zoomed in as you describe on the secondary 1080 monitor. 

On 2017-6-17 at 3:01 PM, Orangenz said:

No problem with the main monitor here but any footage at all (ie. not GH5 related) now appears zoomed in as you describe on the secondary 1080 monitor. 

My two monitors where running different frequencies (60 and 50Hz). Unenabling then reconnecting to the 2nd monitor fixed it so all working well again both at 60Hz.