GH4 how do I actually make use of favorite flag?

sidi

I've been trying to work with GH4 after moving from NX500. First of can somedody explain to me what is the purpose of favorite (star) flag for a clip if it's only marked in camera?
I've checked the file before and after making it favorite with ExifTool and there is no difference whatsoever :angry:.
The only display layout that shows the "star" dosn't even show file name, I have to switch back and forth using [DISP.] to get that information.
After that I've tried Android app thinking it surly has to give me all info about the clip given extra few inches of screen, nope haven't seen favorite symbol anywhere.
Am I missing some crucial key press or it's just how things work in Lumix's UI interface engineer heads.

After using Samsung the trimming feature in GH4 is a joke, clunky as hell, and you have to unfavorite a file, go back to menu and select devide tool, go back to video and fast forward becouse you can't even drag the slider. Then more good news, find the half that interests you, beginning of the old clip will stay inplace and second half will be created as last file on the card.

Please, can someone advice me on how to find, cut and mark parts of clips in an efficient manner?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs