Rehousing LA7200. Help needed!

Tito Ferradans

Hey guys! I got a bit confused with your posts. heheh

Matthew, you're gonna try the video modification, or working on the sketches below it? The video isn't mine, I just like the way it works. The sketches, on the other hand, are mine.

Anyway, please update us as you go on developing your ideas!

For me, the project is currently on hold, as I'm graduating by the end of the year and have a ridiculously big ammount of work ahead. :P

• 4 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I was working on my Sun+Helios combined rehousing idea. I tried the emachineshop software. It is hard to create complex shapes (I don't know how to do it yet). I thought I could design a body with only very few parts, but these few parts would have been too complex so now I am redesigning it to be like a Lego set :)

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to convert the dual-focus system to single focus. I know the lenses do not have linear focus measurement, but still...

If that does not work on paper, then I will do a rehousing with dual focus system. but the two lenses will still be in one body, prealigned.

Once I will have some proper cleaned up drawings, I'll make a thread about it.

Yeah same here, I have a caliper, going to take some measurements and draw up something in Autocad. Prototype fabrication should be easy, friend of mine has a 3d printer so I can get the whole thing made in short order. From there, probably going to look at CNC machining and milling. Been wanting to do this rehousing for a while. The LA7200 is nice, with a diopter im going to see how it affects the sharpness ive heard it can really make it sing.

That being said I also had an idea to take an old Canon FD mount lens and mounting it to the housing. Repurpose the shutter with the anamorphic and connect it via the 72mm mount directly to my 5d Mark III and see how that goes as a separate complete aperture controlled lens.

Got the idea in my head just gotta get it out into the real world.