GH3 files and FCP7 problem with Media Manager

ronjbase

FCP7 won't let me  open a file that is Media Manage from my GH3 videos. It gives me the sequence, all the files like normal. When I try to open the video I get General Error and when I hit the OK button I get out of memory. Please help.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I don't know.

A possible explanation:

1. You shot "movs" with the GH3, which are Quicktime films, but nonetheless mpeg4 (as H.264, the same codec as AVCHD).

2. You created a log bin and imported those clips, using ⌘i (indicator: There is a log bin, but the clip names don't look logged).

3. The clips played back, and, since they are 'All-I', they played comparatively smoothly for a 32-bit player restricted to the use of 2,5 GB memory.

4. Perhaps not all clips are 'All-I' or perhaps 'All-I' mpeg4 is still more annoying for such an old software than DV, HDV or ProRes.

5. Then of course, opening a whole sequence with those problematic clips could overcharge the program.

Again, I don't know what actually happened, but within the past few years, even with complex projects, I didn't experience problems of this kind. I always used ProRes, ingesting my footage after qualifying it, logging it in the Log&Capture resp. Log&Transfer window. I mixed Ex from the Sony EX3 with HDV from my XH A1 (I think it's G1 in America) with movs from my 7D - all transcoded to ProRes. I imported only what I intended to use, I sorted it, I renamed it.

Perhaps you did this too. Then I can't explain it. If you imported original clips, the ProRes solution is your answer.