The Canon C200 is here and its a bomb!

Mattias Burling

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This may actually take away a lot of clients from the Black Magic cameras. The price point and RAW make it a formidable camera for low budget indies. Until the All-I codec is released it may have lesser use elsewhere.

I am guessing, this will also actually eat into the C300 's Market. 

It looks like there are already plans for the editing possibilities with a plug in planned for FCPX, amongst others, to cut Cinema Raw Light. I know it's unlikely but I'm hoping MLV files can be converted to CRL files for a direct edit in FCPX. 

The sleeping giant apparently woke up...And yes, it's pricey but a bargain for any documentary and idie filmer. No more fiddling around plasticky looking footage, ideal for editing quick shots without artistic ambitions, NDs, top Canon support, C-Log and more PP options, etc. 8.000-9.000 Euro in Europe? So what? Before buying 4-5 "plastic toys" and a bunch of accessories, this one is a portable solution in professional quality (IQ, built quality, service, etc.) and - at the end of the day - by far more affordable than a bag full of toys, costing all together more than a "real" camera...And a "bomb" for journalistic shooters...

Good news for filmmakers!

Yeah I would not have guessed this. Canon actually made a decent affordable camera. I already went with the ursa mini pro. Which still has an edge over this camera in lot of ways. But I can see this camera will sell like hotcakes, as this camera can be used in a lot of situations(low light). So for wedding and event shooters this camera is a dream come true. 

This is pretty much a dream camera for me, although perhaps 1-2k over what I would liked to have spend. Will seriously consider selling the A7SII over the next few months to grab this. As folks have mentioned the only downside is the lack of a really robust codec option except for RAW after initial launch.

• Super Members

When the C100 was introduced some 4 years ago it was 52 000 swedish to buy the body only. Today I see them go for as low as 12 000 on the used market.
So.. in 2021 a C200 for roughly $2-2500... or maybe even lower with the way the market is going and how saturated it gets.

Another effect might be a massive drop in the used prices of rivals like the Ursa, FS5, FS7, LS300, etc.